Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

? For the Mods., re SPTA.

A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
C24

? For the Mods., re SPTA.

Post by C24 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:29 am

That is to say, Salisbury Plain Training Area :D

Would it be worthwhile to have a sub-section for the area? People seem to post info but I find it awkward doing searches as the post do not always use the same reference.

More work for you I know, so dump the idea if too arduous.
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

Gary
Administrator

Re: ? For the Mods., re SPTA.

Post by Gary » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:03 pm

I'll have a look into it. My only issue would it be used enough. It could be a case of combining the area into a training area section, so it can cover STANTA, Sculthorpe, Muckleburgh etc

I personally think there are sections of the forum that need to be looked at as it is. North America and the Rest of the World and Europe are the main ones of the top of my head
Posh BSM Trophy winners 2024

Ghastly Whisper

Post by Ghastly Whisper » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:09 pm

Same to with the ranges section, some of those threads date back to 2012 and Wainfleet closed around 2010!
Growing old disgracefully

C24

Post by C24 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:21 pm

Thanks for the quick response Gary.
I feel that I might be a little selfish in the request as I agree about few people using it. However, your suggestion to include the other training areas seems sound, giving it greater appeal.

Perhaps to incorporate GWs range comments? Change the title to Ranges & Training areas maybe. From a historical perspective, retain the input already there about the closed ranges. There could be several people who might wish to look back.

Thank you for considering my suggestion.
C24.
493d/48th - Grim Reapers Supporter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie-two-four/ FuzzyFastjetFotos, incorporating "HazyHelos"
There's no "go-round" in a glider.

Return to “The Fighter Control Mess”