Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

UK, Preparing the ground for F-35s

A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
Snoop 95

Re: UK, Preparing the ground for F-35s

Post by Snoop 95 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:27 am

First thing that struck me when I saw HMS QE was that she does not have an angled deck, a superb safety feature invented by the Brits. Presumably if we had changed to cat-and-trap an angled deck would have had to be included? Mucho dinero!

Supra

Post by Supra » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:58 am

Amended
Last edited by Supra on Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Supra

Post by Supra » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:00 am

filmman wrote:Good news, well almost better than good news. Exciting new build/expansion of the, wai for it, Fishery squadron. Are the five new ships armed in case poaching trawlers get upset. No. I know better, there the close in defence for our new "carriers" which have no real defence from defence cuts other than their names. They also have larger broadband capacity so they can deploy Gamers armed with the latest Star Wars cloaking technology. Now you see it, now you don't, making it impossible to pin down the actual costs of carrier borne F35s. With Frigates disappearing and the the few Destroyers unable to produce enough ice for drinks in the Gulf the Carriers future was threatened. This was an unacceptable loss of face. The multi function ships can also trawl for pesky subs which they will do until the Carriers complete their 4 year Trials/Work Up and plumbing repair. This will allow the P8s to be cancelled, getting one back on the RAF which doesn't know its place behind the Senior Service. After all once it's small enough the Army might allow it to revert to its Flying Corp, it was a mistake to prefix it with Royal - gave them ideas.
Filmman
Excellent overview :thumb:
I can only add that according to the MOD's latest most accurate GPS, the Royal Navy are currently full-speed ahead up S**t Creek !

Return to “The Fighter Control Mess”