Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

ADS-B

A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
david chapman

ADS-B

Post by david chapman » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:12 pm

I live in the Stowmarket area and for some time now military aircraft are not showing up on ADS-B. Does anybody have the answer? With thanks for any comments.
David

GVLCN

Re: ADS-B

Post by GVLCN » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:23 pm

Had the same problem a while back, aircraft would drop off radar as approaching me. I signed up for 360radar, well worth the money.

david chapman

Post by david chapman » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:38 pm

Thanks for that info GVLCN Will give it a go
cheers dave

page_verify

Post by page_verify » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:03 pm

I often find 360radar and ADS-B each only get about 80% of everything so running the two side by side gets the complete picture.

loadmaster100

Post by loadmaster100 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:58 pm

david chapman wrote:I live in the Stowmarket area and for some time now military aircraft are not showing up on ADS-B. Does anybody have the answer? With thanks for any comments.
David
Hi David, this has been going on now for a couple of months and as I understand it, it all started the day they changed server for some reason and unless they change back things may not improve, I hope they prove me wrong and full service is restored but I have recently signed up to 360Radar and I am very happy with the service they currently provide, just hope it stays that way.
Dave

david chapman

Post by david chapman » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:00 am

Thanks for you response Dave
David

9arrow

ADS-B

Post by 9arrow » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:22 pm

Hi David. I also live in the Stowmarket area and am interested in the area that you routinely cover on ADS-B? My map is set to cover from the north-Norfolk coast to Lowestoft to the east which means I cover out to the west of Mildenhall and the south of Wattisham. I therefore catch anything coming south off the ranges in the Wash and don't get all the muddle of Stansted/Heathrow. This tends to cover the area that I can reasonably expect my radio to cover as well.

So, what sort of area are you covering?

Dave Eade

Return to “The Fighter Control Mess”