Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

RAF Marham Enthusiasts Day 6th July

A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
Covey

Re: RAF Marham Enthusiasts Day 6th July

Post by Covey » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:17 am

Still nothing this morning. Its a little worrying as I, like everyone else I'm sure, need to make plans and its a long trip to take a chance on only to be turned away at the gate. I hope we get an email today.

bigboy

Post by bigboy » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:37 am

Info just popped into my email box :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bigboy
Last edited by bigboy on Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Colin

Post by Colin » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:47 am

E-mail just arrived today at 9.45.
So check your e-mails gents
Colin

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:47 am

Marham haven't been very forthcoming with the details on both the other photocalls. The station have to realise there are only some many times you can say pay us we are holding a photoshoot, without giving more details. glad I didn't apply this time.

Got a Family's day ticket there will be more opportunities to photo something there :lol:
Posh BSM Trophy winners 2024

Sylvester

Post by Sylvester » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:57 am

Sylvester wrote:
Zymurgy661 wrote:Anyone else still waiting for some form of joining instructions for the day itself? Have had confirmation of my place but nothing since!
I have heard nothing either since sending back my details and payment confirmation
:clap: Just received joining instructions this morning

Ashley H

Post by Ashley H » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:18 am

Got my confirmation email as well this morning, hopefully it will be a good afternoon for my first event.

Rob68

Post by Rob68 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:47 pm

Worryingly even though the money has gone I've had nothing. I booked through COAP if that changes anything. Any one else booked through them, have you had an email if you did?

Covey

Post by Covey » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:59 pm

My confirmation email arrived just before midday. Not having a good week at work so I am really looking forward to this event as a sugar boost just won't do the trick today. Hopefully the weather will play ball. :clap: :clap:

Rob68

Post by Rob68 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:22 pm

Had my email now

zigzag

Post by zigzag » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:10 pm

Kind of wish I hadn't got a ticket for this one

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:12 pm

That bad?
Posh BSM Trophy winners 2024

zigzag

Post by zigzag » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:21 pm

Yes, all were getting is backlit taxy shots. Pinky due back soon and people pinning hopes on getting a shot, but at £50 for the afternoon it's an expensive shot

napalm42

Post by napalm42 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:36 pm

I thought it was a great day,with some terrific light.
It was explained on the bus why the jets had to park with the tails towards us. ie. wind up the jetpipe could cause a non-start..
Well done to all the people who organised it.
£50 -- ? OK for me.

jamesv9820

Post by jamesv9820 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:46 am

I would have to agree with the above, whilst it did not offer HAS opportunities, you can understand why when the base is active, you cannot simply have 95 members of the public in that complex. Location is a tough one as the first evening had the togs positioned the other side of the Hotpit between the rubber hangars and Hotpit but you would have been shooting into the sun but would have been closer to the runway. The second, the base was shut for the evening which made the access easier, but flying was limited. This shoot thought of a different location, which worked in one way with the sun position (later in the day) but kept the people in one location. It seems the team cannot win for trying something different?

The heat haze was a killer for photos yesterday but sadly being a hot day in July, nothing could be done about that. Thankfully the VAS/hotpit shots seem to be ok. Shame about the wind direction as the crew in/out shots would have been great.

Covey

Post by Covey » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:53 am

First of all can I say a big thank you to Ben, Paddy and the team for accommodating us yesterday. They went out of their way to help and make it a good day and were very understanding when some of us pushed our luck by staying well after the published closing time to catch 'pinky' after refueling in the hotpit. There wasn't much that they could do about the wind and the heat haze, that's just the luck of the draw.

Yes, it would have been nice to get some HAS action, but the team tried to give us something different within the constraints of an operational airfield and this should be applauded. For me, it was a good afternoon.

Return to “The Fighter Control Mess”