Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

RAF Marham Enthusiasts Day 2017

A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
ridgmeister

Re: RAF Marham Enthusiasts Day 2017

Post by ridgmeister » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:53 am

Covey, I agree with you - you can only shrug your shoulders, but what is the point in being ready to react next time when you won't know if the email address is active, whether your email got through or whether it was full, before even the 'advanced' or 'leaked' information got out.
Generally, regarding the cost, you either go, or you don't go. No boycott will change the price - the organisations will regard the events as 'not wanted' and won't run them! Nose, face and spite spring to mind!
I was happy to pay, just in case XV's 'Freddie' gets transferred down there but, after 5 days in Scotland and having achieved my shot, I really think £50 is quite reasonable, compared with 4 nights B&B and over 1,000 miles of fuel!
What would be welcome is some clarity over the process - Phil at Northolt doesn't seem to have this sort of trouble?

Regards,
Paul
(down behind the parapet - waiting to be shot-down!)

bite11

Post by bite11 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:16 pm

Totally agree, Ridgemeister. I emailed on the 10th and again on the 15th after I read that the address wasn't working originally. I have emailed twice since that but have had no response at all to any of those. The original advert said first come first serve, so you bang off an email straight away and then a week later you find that the address wasn't working. So by that time you might, and probably are, way down the list. However, it appears that some people had acknowledgement emails saying it was full and some people got nothing. At last years event it was said that those who attended that would be emailed about any future events. Well, that didn't happen. As Ridgemeister says, some clarity about the process would be welcome so that this situation doesn't occur again for any future events.

Nighthawke

Post by Nighthawke » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:27 pm

Just a suggestion but why not try telephoning RAF Marham direct rather than wait for an answer that may never come?

ridgmeister

Post by ridgmeister » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:37 pm

Just a suggestion but why not try telephoning RAF Marham direct rather than wait for an answer that may never come?
A good suggestion, although I'd be worried that the RAF Marham MCO would not be too happy getting numerous calls about this but, for anyone still desperate to go, possibly worth a try?
Does anyone 'close' to the organisers have an opinion on this, before folk call? I've already shrugged my shoulders. ;)
Cheers,
Paul

tonkatom

Post by tonkatom » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:52 pm

What I thought was more unorganised was the fact that the previous event holders mentioned that who ever attended the one last year would get first refusal for the upcoming event.The tickets sold out very fast as I emailed on the day and still no joy.Can only assume some big names will be attending due to Marham being the home of
The remaining tornados in there twilight years.Never mind I will resume my spot at the fence on the 24.
May the skies be clear and blue and the wind fair with a guiding star to steer by.

ridgmeister

Post by ridgmeister » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Yep, Tom, I'll be seeing you there!
Paul

markranger

Post by markranger » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:35 pm

Think the problem was that it was not until Marham officially released the details that they realised that the E-mail was not working,
They then asked people again to send in their details once they noticed the error,
Now it was on social media and from that posted on here a few days before that so unfortunately all the people who sent in the details from that also never made it to them so in the end I'm guessing the people who reacted quickest after Marham official site informed the public of the error probably got on first in the end,
Bit of a nightmare really,
Nikon D850
Nikon D600
Nikon D500
Nikon 300 F2.8 VR1

ridgmeister

Post by ridgmeister » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:52 pm

In the words of the 'Newzoids' version of Ed Milliband.... "At least I tried"!

paulh

Post by paulh » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:24 pm

tonkatom wrote:Never mind I will resume my spot at the fence on the 24.
I'll be there with you Tom - four e-mails later and nothing heard.
Rather frustrating after I wrote them an e-mail with constructive positive ideas for this years event.
Thoroughly enjoyed last years visit - ah well never mind :S

Paul.

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:13 am

The Enthusiast team have started sending out the application form :thumb:
Posh are going to Wembley (albeit for a tin cup)

TeeJay

Post by TeeJay » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:16 am

:thumbs:

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:39 am

The Enthusiasts team have emailed details of the evening, or the schedule anyway :lol: looks the same as last year apart from the Black Top carpark being open much earlier

Johno

Post by Johno » Wed May 03, 2017 7:23 am

Does anyone have any info on the aircraft on view next Thursday ? as we are paying full wack this time, I presume there will be more available, including the Granby jet of course.

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Wed May 03, 2017 8:27 pm

The enthusaist team should be emailing people in the near future

Johno

Post by Johno » Thu May 04, 2017 10:47 am

Cheers Gary.

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Thu May 11, 2017 12:29 pm

Just a reminder, about photo id :lol:

Return to “The Fighter Control Mess”