Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Red Arrows Lego Project - Help Needed

A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
Gary
Administrator

Red Arrows Lego Project - Help Needed

Post by Gary » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:34 pm

Red 10 needs your help, he wants people with a interest in Lego and the Reds to back the campaign to get their model released

https://twitter.com/RAFRed10

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/164965? ... ocialShare

Image Image
One of the world's premier aerobatic teams, the Red Arrows display to millions of people every year.

The Squadron’s famous for performing dynamic loops, rolls, close passes and formation shapes with its nine fast-jets – flying as close as six feet apart at 350mph.

Officially known as the Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team, the Red Arrows promote the best of British and inspire people of all ages with their teamwork and skills.

Flying distinctive Hawk jets, the team is the public face of the RAF and represent speed, agility and precision.

The Red Arrows is made up of highly-trained pilots, engineers and essential support staff.

The team has been performing since 1965 and, to date, displayed in 57 countries and appeared at major international occasions, such as the 2012 London Olympic Games.

For this LEGO Ideas submission, we have captured the passion and excitement of the Red Arrows and constructed the iconic BAE Systems Hawk T1 aircraft (powered by a Rolls-Royce engine) out of LEGO parts.

Not only does this proposed Red Arrows Hawk LEGO model have functioning components (retractable undercarriage and opening cockpit canopy), it includes both a pilot and engineer minifigure (each wearing their iconic red and blue flying suits).

This lifelike creation, inspired by LEGO Designer Mike Psiaki’s amazing sets, will provide LEGO fans of all ages with a fantastic building experience and endless hours of enjoyment!

Please support this LEGO Ideas project and help inspire the next generation.

This project is a M4 CUS & RAFRed10 collaboration.
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/164965? ... ocialShare
Posh are going to Wembley (albeit for a tin cup)

welshandy

Re: Red Arrows Lego Project - Help Needed

Post by welshandy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:23 am

My 10 year old is mad on Lego & would love to build one. So we would back it :thumbs:

Unknown74

Post by Unknown74 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:33 pm

This would be an awesome idea, I know a few kids who would love to build one, including one big kid(me). So yes I would say its got my vote.

ColintheCaterpillar

Post by ColintheCaterpillar » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:20 pm

Personally I can see Lego wriggling out of it even if they do get the required votes. I can't see a modern defence related product making it into their catalogue (they did the Camel a few years back!).

Cobi on the other hand could probably be persuaded quite easily.

It'd be good to be wrong though. :)

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:20 pm

Posh are going to Wembley (albeit for a tin cup)

Unknown74

Post by Unknown74 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:57 am

Utterly disappointed very much thinking of boycotting Lego for this! Shame on them.

James Cutting

Post by James Cutting » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:38 am

Don't think they will be fussed by you boycotting them!! Like really? There probably is a more reasonable reason behind this, hence rejecting it.
"Grim Reapers Supporter"

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/99536938@N06/

bizfreeq

Post by bizfreeq » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:39 am

I don't really get the uproar that seems to be happening on the net over this. Lego are a Danish company with a worldwide customer base and therefore have no real connection to the Arrows which, I accept are seen in various other countries, but don't have worldwide appeal. They are intrinsically British and that's their main 'appeal' base, Britain, not Denmark, not the rest of the world.
And before the 'you're a Reds basher' messages start coming my way, I'm not in the slightest!
Cheers
Mark

If our airforces are never used, they have achieved their finest goal.
— General Nathan F. Twining

warthog56

Post by warthog56 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:14 pm

The reason why Lego have probably rejected the model is that it is too "realistic" a representation of the Hawk. I think that they have a policy of not producing any models that have a military aspect - the Hawk could carry weapons and was indeed intended to operate as a RAF point defence fighter equipped with Sidewinders to defend airfields against any bombers that may have gotten past Tornado F3's. Lego have never produced any military vehicles, e.g. tanks or trucks, so it comes as no surprise that they have chosen not to produce the Hawk lest someone adapts it to carry weapons! The nearest I've seen to a military aircraft being produced is their current Technic Jet Racer aircraft which resemble's the F35 and has a thrust vectoring nozzle at the rear.

toom317

Post by toom317 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:32 pm

Why don't you get on to Airfix? They do a neat line in snap together kits, which seems to be made of Lego compatable pieces, and more streamlined.
No one gets out of life alive.

Equipment: Camera, Lens, Goretex Y fronts

Return to “The Fighter Control Mess”