Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Plane, UFO or BOTH!

A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
Cole

Plane, UFO or BOTH!

Post by Cole » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:27 am

This was sometime in april 2016. Around 1am. Close to the horizon(looked to be quite far away), myself and my dad see Very bright Red And Green Lights, i think ooh must be a plane until i realised how fast this (thing) was going. i would say that if i could see from horizon to horizon it would be gone within 10-15Sec. it was traveling from left to right. as it flew towards the right the (light?) Changed to a bright Blue-ish almost like an afterbuner but brighter. BUT!!!! get this There was NO SOUND AT ALL!!!! :O :O :O totally silent. This was in the Dudley area (West Midlands)
Dudley, West Midlands

tm74sqn

Re: Plane, UFO or BOTH!

Post by tm74sqn » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:15 am

Unless you know how far away your UFO is, it is impossible to judge its speed - for example, a Chinese lantern being blown along by a strong wind will appear fast if it is close to you, but slow if its a lot further away. Sighting at night are particularly difficult as it is usually impossible to judge range.
Cheers, TM74

Supra

Post by Supra » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:02 am

"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...." Okay, I know it's been over 9 months since this may have happened but can anybody confirm the serial # & call-sign?
Was probably just an asteroid with road-works, or Major Tim Peake's old Christmas lights? ;)

TankBuster

Post by TankBuster » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:27 pm

It is very easy for people to make mistakes when identifying airborne objects. The following link is of a UFO sighting which was submitted by a serving police officer. I and several other people actually saw this very object at the same time and date as the policeman, but from a different viewpoint only several hundred yards away. This object was 100% without any doubt whatsoever a Chinese sky lantern!
http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/4106 ... lien_craft___/

Most UFO sightings are usually misidentification of aircraft or sky lanterns, however there are some that are not so easy to clarify, but as of yet nobody has been able to present any concrete evidence of an alien craft. Even with digital photography readily available we can get hundreds of aircraft images that are sharp as a pin, but any UFO images that appear are nothing more than blobs, why is this?.. Perhaps these are nothing more than poorly focused images of aircraft?

TankBuster
And there's plenty more where that came from!

chilly61

Post by chilly61 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:44 pm

Could it have been the Dudley Dorito???

Cole

Post by Cole » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:53 pm

chilly61 wrote:Could it have been the Dudley Dorito???
Possibly ? but i remember people saying that hovered and had 3 white lights pointing downward...
Dudley, West Midlands

Return to “The Fighter Control Mess”