Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

US F35 fighters to deploy from Royal Navy aircraft carrier

A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
Zeb

US F35 fighters to deploy from Royal Navy aircraft carrier

Post by Zeb » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:29 pm

US and UK F35 fighters are to deploy alongside each other when the Royal Navy's new aircraft carrier begins her first operational tour in 2021.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38336101

Tally-ho

Re: US F35 fighters to deploy from Royal Navy aircraft carri

Post by Tally-ho » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:40 am

Wonderful confirmation and not unexpected. Bear in mind that RAF and RN pilots are and will be training / familiarizing themselves by flying F-35's off US Marine Corps vessels. This is the 'special relationship' at work in a very visible form, as it should be, and with a very pro-UK President-elect Donald Trump as incoming US Commander in Chief, all and any further US / UK military co-operation is to be welcomed.

Secondly - the continuing carping from the EU about them wanting to create an 'EU army', with what money I don't know, makes military co-operation between the two English speaking nuclear powers even more desirable. No, I'm not foreseeing a war between us and them, but let's face it the UK / USA special relationship has never been more relevant.

Exciting times ahead!

AV8R

Post by AV8R » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:47 am

i think the EU Army is a non starter, a bit like the currency where it suits some countries but not all.
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Bilvo

Post by Bilvo » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:00 pm

Tally-ho wrote:Wonderful confirmation and not unexpected. Bear in mind that RAF and RN pilots are and will be training / familiarizing themselves by flying F-35's off US Marine Corps vessels. This is the 'special relationship' at work in a very visible form, as it should be, and with a very pro-UK President-elect Donald Trump as incoming US Commander in Chief, all and any further US / UK military co-operation is to be welcomed.

Secondly - the continuing carping from the EU about them wanting to create an 'EU army', with what money I don't know, makes military co-operation between the two English speaking nuclear powers even more desirable. No, I'm not foreseeing a war between us and them, but let's face it the UK / USA special relationship has never been more relevant.

Exciting times ahead!
SCARY TIMES AHEAD - WWIII HEAR WE COME!

The "Special Relationship" you refer to only exists because we are still paying them back for WWII - End of. Not everyone shares your opinion, it is a relationship I would like to see end sooner rather than later. Our forces have been dragged in to conflict after conflict over the past few dcades thanks to the biggest terrorist group on the planet... the U.S.A
Survival of the Fittest.

page_verify

Post by page_verify » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:11 pm

Didn't Mr Snowden show just how special some parts of the special relationship are? Nothing will change behind the magic curtain for a long time to come.

XPLUMBER

Post by XPLUMBER » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:21 pm

SCARY TIMES AHEAD - WWIII HEAR WE COME!

The "Special Relationship" you refer to only exists because we are still paying them back for WWII - End of. Not everyone shares your opinion, it is a relationship I would like to see end sooner rather than later. Our forces have been dragged in to conflict after conflict over the past few dcades thanks to the biggest terrorist group on the planet... the U.S.A[/quote]

That was paid off in 2006!
CANONs carried by an ARMOURER!

hangars are for shirts!

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:32 pm

Well over a quarter of a million Americans gave their lives in World War Two helping Great Britain and it allies again the Nazis.

That is a pretty big debt.

UKADGE

Post by UKADGE » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:09 pm

With a new administration in the White house... it will be back to Regan/ Thatcher days. Not Blair/Bush disaster..Hope fully Trump can turn America's image around too. Not so sure about the 'dave' tho... time will tell.
I FEAR NOTHING 'NIL TIME' 501 SQUADRON MOTO.

KIT MVT-7100 BCT 15X and indispensable VOXCorder on PC

starfighter

Post by starfighter » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:32 pm

At last a couple of sensible post,thank goodness :thumb:

Steve.

Fastwalker

Post by Fastwalker » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:20 pm

The "Special Relationship" you refer to only exists because we are still paying them back for WWII . This was paid off in 2006 ,ironically we have now started paying off the loan from WW1.

scottoz8

Post by scottoz8 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:30 am

Wow didn't know we had a WW1 debt, !!!! I do know lend lease was paid off years ago. Agreed re sensible posts, we are getting into dangerous territory . I keep my personal views, eg politics etc to myself

Return to “The Fighter Control Mess”