Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Lakenheath photoshoot

A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
Green133

Lakenheath photoshoot

Post by Green133 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:21 pm

Anyone on here manage to bag one of the six places on the afternoon/evening photoshoot next week?
Apparently the kick off time was 2pm this afternoon to get your email application sent to COAP and they were swamped.
I didn't get a place...... :(

The way I read the initial email from them suggested that there another event there at the same time. I can't find any info on the website, just wondered if any of you guys know of it?

Green133

A380_sully

Re: Lakenheath photoshoot

Post by A380_sully » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:46 pm

I can also confirm I did not get a place.

I pressed send at precisely 14:00 00 secs but my response e-mail said they had received "hundreds" of e-mails at exactly 2pm, of which obviously 6 were ahead of mine.

I think the other base visit is May 2017 and this bonus was in addition to the one listed in the "workshop/assignments" section of the COAP website.

Cheers, Kelvin

Green133

Re: Lakenheath photoshoot

Post by Green133 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:35 pm

Hi Kelvin

Copied the visit for May 2017,but the initial email regarding the six places mentioned that 'The visit on 15th December is open to just six photographers (joining those already participating with the 48th FW on the day), and will start in afternoon for the (hopefully) lovely winter light and go into the evening to document night photography'
Not that it really matters, I'm being nosey and wondering when that visit was on sale as I missed it.

Green133

Return to “The Fighter Control Mess”