Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Controversy At Biggin Hill On BBC TV

A forum for discussing all things related to MILITARY AVIATION including Military Aviation news. No off-topic discussions here please.
Bob Badger

Controversy At Biggin Hill On BBC TV

Post by Bob Badger » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:27 am

Hi,
Some of you may have caught an item on the BBC TV News, concerning Bromley Council's plans to demolish part of the RAF Memorial Chapel, to replace it with an ugly square box of a building which will become the long awaited Battle of Britain Museum. The plans for a mini 'Duxford' style building that could hold large artifacts and even an aircraft have been pushed aside for this 'Box,' which it seems will have just video displays and photos. The 'Duxford' style building would have had no effect on the Chapel,whilst the new plan requires the demolition of the Vestry, a fine brick building of 70 square metres, housing the Air Crew Association stained glass window. To view the BBC TV report please click on the Downe Village website, where it is the first item. http://www.downe-kent.org.uk
An On-Line Petition has been created to stop the demolition and persuade the Council to give us a Museum 'worthy' of Biggin Hill, the 'Strongest Link'. Please Google: Protect Biggin Hill RAF Chapel or just click on the link below. Please sign and share, thank you! 12,500 have already signed.
https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/ ... emembrance

bizfreeq

Re: CONTROVERSY AT BIGGIN HILL ON BBC TV

Post by bizfreeq » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:35 am

Most of us have I would think, see this posted a while ago
viewtopic.php?f=287&t=149036
Cheers
Mark

If our airforces are never used, they have achieved their finest goal.
— General Nathan F. Twining

POL

Re: CONTROVERSY AT BIGGIN HILL ON BBC TV

Post by POL » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:07 am

Interesting that "Bob Badger" on here and "Rita" on UKAR are both posting the same sort of content, in the same style, and are both using bold font.

Surely they're not the same person?! :whistle: :whistle:

Bob Badger

Re: Controversy At Biggin Hill On BBC TV

Post by Bob Badger » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:40 pm

I can assure you EGVP that I possess something that Rita Radford (the creator of the Petition) does not have, a ......
I am a member of the 'Protect the Chapel Team' and just following orders!
Robert Badger

Return to “The Fighter Control Mess”