Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Interesting Tattoo Question.

Unknown74

Interesting Tattoo Question.

Post by Unknown74 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:15 am

I realise there is already a Tattoo Topic already on here but I wanted to ask this separately & it’s a good one. How many if any of the Flypasts have actually operated out of Edinburgh Airport? Somebody I know thinks that none have, but I remember a couple of Tornados once did.

Vandal

Re: Interesting Tattoo Question.

Post by Vandal » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:07 pm

The Red Arrows have used Edinburgh, at least they did the year they doubled up the Forth Bridge 40th flypast with a Tattoo flypast on the same night.

Slightly off topic, but Concorde and again the Red Arrows both used Edinburgh the day they provided the flypast for the opening of the Scottish Parliament.

Unknown74

Re: Interesting Tattoo Question.

Post by Unknown74 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:41 pm

Ok cheers Vandal. I had forgotten about that occasion with The Reds, would have been great to have seen both Flypasts that day/ night although I did see them over The Castle for The Tattoo. Also on the Concorde & Reds topic I saw Concorde arriving the Night before and was actually standing in the middle of Princes Street for the Flypast proper.

Return to “Edinburgh”