Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

probably get locked

Forum rules
Guildelines for the use of this section have been released, please see them here - http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/v ... 54#p690454

This notice will be left in place for a short time so that everyone is aware
peejay75

probably get locked

Post by peejay75 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:32 pm

I have decided to totally pull out of this Forum. To many people deciding what is suitable for our area. In the meantime we have had Dutch visitors,Typhoons on exercise and now the Scorpion is visiting us in the West Country.
So long and thanks for all the fish

POL

Re: probably get locked

Post by POL » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:41 pm

YOUR area?! This in't YOUR forum, nor is it OUR forum.

Dunk

Post by Dunk » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:52 pm

Sorry you feel this way, the forum rules and section guidelines are there to avoid confusion and ensure uniformity across the different sections.

These are what you agreed to when you signed up.

If you feel the other place is not for you, you will be most welcome back here :thumb:

Josh B

Post by Josh B » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:45 pm

Regarding this post and this might very well be why yet another member has desided to move on??
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=116460
think you'll find that not at any point has anyone sent a PM to FC members asking them to consider leaving this forum. Just pointing out that there is a fourm that's been set up for local movements relevant to the south west.
It's down to the individual to take it appon them self to do with that information as they see fit.
Can't see why yourself Dunk Or anyone's else would feel that, this is not acceptable? !
As for secret group? ?? Don't think it's that. .maybe a closed group.. but definitely not secret!
I'm guessing this post has come about from the fact that there has been some interesting moments at Culdrose of late. And the relevant section hasn't been updated??
Humm that's a shame isn't it! :whistle: :lol:

Dunk

Post by Dunk » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:52 pm

Josh B wrote:Regarding this post and this might very well be why yet another member has desided to move on??
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=116460
think you'll find that not at any point has anyone sent a PM to FC members asking them to consider leaving this forum. Just pointing out that there is a fourm that's been set up for local movements relevant to the south west.
It's down to the individual to take it appon them self to do with that information as they see fit.
Can't see why yourself Dunk Or anyone's else would feel that, this is not acceptable? !
As for secret group? ?? Don't think it's that. .maybe a closed group.. but definitely not secret!
I'm guessing this post has come about from the fact that there has been some interesting moments at Culdrose of late. And the relevant section hasn't been updated??
Humm that's a shame isn't it! :whistle: :lol:
It is a shame, and just odd its this section that people who post seem to disappear from with regularity..... :pop:

Hey ho, onwards and upwards :D

Josh B

Post by Josh B » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:10 pm

I guess. ..its because there are other forums out that other than Fighter control that people seem happy to frequent and use.! You can't blame people for that surely? ?

One thing that does puzzle me though is ex fourm and current fourm members were being victimised for post in this section about local movements (yes some of them might have been in the wrong section, but that's debatable !and been discussed many times before) Now there not posting.. that's wrong to?!!!
Guess we just can't win! :S
And as I have said.. it seem a little unfair to point out that people have been pm others with information regarding other forums isn't acceptable .! So I guess the pm I received regarding a knitting and sewing club was bang out of order aswell then? :halo:
Last edited by Josh B on Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

POL

Post by POL » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:10 pm

As far as I know, the issue wasn't posts in the wrong section as such, it was the refusal to follow the rules and the "local section for local people" attitude.

Josh B

Post by Josh B » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:40 pm

EGVP wrote:As far as I know, the issue wasn't posts in the wrong section as such, it was the refusal to follow the rules and the "local section for local people" attitude.
And this is why they have moved on I guess? To a forum were there regular post are appreciated by the fourm members that appreciate there input. Not try to be little them at ever opportunity! !
For the mods... I don't understand why you feel so strongly about people moving on elsewhere. Is it because this fourm is no longer as "up to date " with movements as it use to be?? :whistle: maybe because the regular input from the fourm members is no longer being posted?
Even though movements are still taking place? ?
Maybe if things had been left as they were (just my opinion! ) your fourm would still be as active as it was some years ago!
Still its your train set.. you play with it as you see fit.. and let only the selected few play with it to! :halo:
Last edited by Josh B on Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DaveG

Post by DaveG » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:49 pm

Also.... Unless you (admin team) have been accessing the SQL backend then how do you know the contents of any PM's ? this forum software "does not" give any account access to read others PMs. hence the name "Private Message". Guessing now we'll hear soon, you were resent them, hmmmm !!!

Anyone with a little knowledge knows how you can gain access to PM content via the SQL tables, and as I understand this has been a problem in the past on FC. Everyone should be aware that PM's "Are Not" private.

I for one know my PM feature has been turned off (not permitted) and can only guess its because I let others know via PM of the SW forum going live. But think you'd find, and feel free to go and read them again, none of them said - leave FC.

Think there is a point when a forum / site etc becomes too large to meet everyones needs or likes and maybe in this case FC has reached that for some, that said its still of great value to others!

Regards
Running SBS-3 & Planeplotter code: F4
Cornwall, near EGDR

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:25 pm

Josh B wrote: Maybe if things had been left as they were (just my opinion! ) your fourm would still be as active as it was some years ago!
Still its your train set.. you play with it as you see fit.. and let only the selected few play with it to! :halo:
Left as they were? You mean letting the South West spotters discuss what they want no matter how relevant it was to the South West? Prime example was the F-15 crash last year which happened around 300 miles away from Culdrose. When the thread was removed some of the people involved in the discussion, said they were being victimised and left the forum.

Reversing the situation if a crash had happened around the Culdrose area, would you expect the Coningsby or Lakenheath regulars to talk about in there section? The staff took the decision to lock all threads on the crash bar the one running in the forum members only area (Heads up), that included ones posted in more relevant areas than Culdrose. No other section started to cry vicimisation I might add.

Not sure what you mean by the selected few? Or do you mean all the other members that follow the basic guidelines :lol:

I have no issue with the South West spotters and think it's a shame they think everyone is trying to belittle
Posh are going to Wembley (albeit for a tin cup)

Josh B

Post by Josh B » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:53 am

Gary wrote:
Josh B wrote: Maybe if things had been left as they were (just my opinion! ) your fourm would still be as active as it was some years ago!
Left as they were? You mean letting the South West spotters discuss what they want no matter how relevant it was to the South West? Prime example was the F-15 crash last year which happened around 300 miles away from Culdrose. When the thread was removed some of the people involved in the discussion, said they were being victimised and left the forum.

Reversing the situation if a crash had happened around the Culdrose area, would you expect the Coningsby or Lakenheath regulars to talk about in there section? The staff took the decision to lock all threads on the crash bar the one running in the forum members only area (Heads up), that included ones posted in more relevant areas than Culdrose. No other section started to cry vicimisation I might add.

Not sure what you mean by the selected few? Or do you mean all the other members that follow the basic guidelines :lol:

I have no issue with the South West spotters and think it's a shame they think everyone is trying to belittle
Agreed this is a prime example of the type of post that was posted incorrectly .. however what upset people Was the manner that other forum members took it appon them self's ( yet again ) to high light the issue rather than take appropriate action and report it.!
But like I have said your/ there train set.. clearly not everyone's!
There are other fourms out there for like minded spotters to use besides this one that cleary people are more than happy to use.. if the mods don't like that ( which cleary they don't hence the nature of the locked post in my link above !) Then that's there problem.. ;)

P.s interesting to see Dave G rather interesting post above hasn't had a reply yet :whistle:

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:47 am

Josh

1. How do you know the post regarding the crash wasn't reported? Along with other member pointing it out in the thread.

2. This train set your are obsessed with, again I can't seen your point. Every other area on the forum manages to follow the guidelines. Yet somehow because the South West spotters have been free spirits or self contained you all think there is some form of conspiracy again you

3. Read Dunk post again, no where does its say the staff doesn't like like other people using other forums? Dunk was pointing out there has been some cloak and dagger asking people to join

The Admin and the Mods are allowed a life outside of this forum, I'm sure one of the Admin will be about later to reply to Dave G

P.S I would point out you have broken one of the unwritten rules and quoted a post directly above, but you might think I picking on you :whistle: :lol:

Josh B

Post by Josh B » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:14 am

Clearly Dunk and admin are upset that other members have been contacted about an alternative forum ( have pm been forward to them??!! See DaveG post above ^^) otherwise why the need for the post in the first place?? If they weren't bothered they would just let people pm message regarding what ever.! I do understand there has been issue in the past regarding private message being read. And forum members leaving because of it!!
But there it is. If admin and fourm members don't like how people were using the fourm, that's fine.. but can't then see the sense in them getting upset when people then go elsewhere! !! After all the regular poster in the SW section were asked to stop posting in the wrong sections... so they did.. just no longer here! Sorry but shut the door hard enough in people's faces and eventually they'll stop trying to open it!!!

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:19 am

Why have you got a issue with Dunk posting the message? Is it because the message or the PM have been made know to the staff? I don't know the full history of the South West spotters and the forum and try to keep out of it.

To me you have got some form of vendetta again either the staff or the forum, I've been reading your posts and you can't wait to jump in and have your say on how the South West are victimised or to stir things up in the section.

Josh B

Post by Josh B » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:38 am

Others were quick enough to jump on the wagon and have a pop at other fourm members posting in the SW section for a very long time!! Hence why a fourm dedicated fourm was set up to cover just the SW. (Like other fourm do for other areas of the country ).
I don't give two hoots what others or admin think regard the SW fourm. !! But yet again it's the SW members that admin feel the need to "make a point"about?!! Why that should be is snyone guess!
I'm sure if they were to look through other members PM they would find members sending links to other local spotters groups. But yet I guess they get left alone !!
I guess if people don't like me viewing my opinion ( like other fourm members did for years to the posters in the SW section!) Then maybe it's best my account is removed by admin ( seeing as I can't do it??!)
Ps after all these years I still can't get why members from other parts of the country took such an interest in what was going on in the southwest section?! Other than if it was as you state above to "jump in" and to " victimise " other fourm members. :whistle:

Dunk

Post by Dunk » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:58 am

Dave your pm's were turned off after members contacted us to say you were pimping your site via pm. It's quite simple. No grassy knoll, no snipers, no Cheltenham GCHQ , hence the public offer to forum members to come forward if approached.

Considering you have no interest in this forum Dave, Josh et al, you do love to return to bitch at the staff and tell us where we're going wrong.

It is our train set, all forums have rules, and the majority abide to them. The fact you chose not to and go elsewhere is your decision. Having another forum to play in where you can be the big boss to the minions who support you is also your decision and you are most welcome to it. Trying to recruit through pm and encourage others not to post here is not on and will be acted upon, as is the case right now.

Unless you have something positive to post in here, as per the forum guidance, then please cease. Any further blatant misuse of pm's, or postings not relevant to this section will lead to a section ban, then full ban if it carries on elsewhere.

You are all more than welcome to return to posting, but the rules of this forum will not be changed to suit.

Regards

Dunk

Return to “South West England”