Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

For Dunk (another one to lock)

Forum rules
Guildelines for the use of this section have been released, please see them here - http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/v ... 54#p690454

This notice will be left in place for a short time so that everyone is aware
DaveG

For Dunk (another one to lock)

Post by DaveG » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:01 am

Postby Dunk » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:57 am

As already stated, its under discussion and you and some of your colleagues in this vibrant section did not or would not adhere to the forum rules that other vibrant sections were, and still do, adhere to.
Yet again we have a quote of the rules that the SW section members were breaking, have asked a number of time for someone to point out those rules and the exact rule number, and as yet no one has, why not, because there was not rule. (disregarding the latest guidelines post after the issues)

Dunk, at the end of the day its your train set, you run it and break it as you see fit, but you've allowed a very active section to die just because they were not following a rule that was never in place.
If you have ideas about the forum, post them in the correct section.
And what section would that be then ?

As per title, I expect this again to be locked or deleted, but if there is a section it should be in - why not just move it and then we'll know.
Running SBS-3 & Planeplotter code: F4
Cornwall, near EGDR

POL

Re: For Dunk (another one to lock)

Post by POL » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:08 am

"SPOTTERS AREA - SERIALS AND AIRFIELD LOGS" - says it all really.

The sky over someone's house, in a valley, near a road, isn't an airfield.

I believe this to be the section Dunk refers to: viewforum.php?f=131 - a quick look through there shows plenty of suggestions and requests.

But you'd have seen that if you left your local section for local people! :whistle:

phoenixegmh

Post by phoenixegmh » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:15 am

My 500px profile
Canon EOS-60D
Canon EOS-450D
iCom IC-R20
GNS-5890 ADS-B Receiver + Plane Plotter Ground Station

Josh B

Post by Josh B » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:53 am

phoenixegmh wrote:Image
Your point is??????

bouncyt

Post by bouncyt » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:22 pm

Well said Dave and thank you EGCC for pointing out where you think we should be posting suggestions.
Since as stated they are looking to make changes, I looked in vain for an admin lead thread with their suggestions and an invitation for discussion. I can't find that.
For a start there needs to be profiles of typical users and an understanding of how they use the forum.
Each of the sections needs to be designed so they can be user friendly for the profile of user that they are designed for.
I get the feeling that any changes that will be made will be arrived as a result of a pub discussion and unless one meets the profile of the admins ones needs will not be taken into consideration.
I have written extensively in previous threads of how I used FC and why heads up/OTT did not work for me. Those posts were deleted when a thread was deleted because of the actions of an individual impersonating a moderator.
Guys do your brain storm, put up your findings, and then invite comments. You can go back to the deleted threads as admin and find my remarks.

PS if you want to apply non existent rules retrospectively to the south west at at least have the good grace to apply the rules that do exist to all other sections.

DaveG

Post by DaveG » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:33 pm

EGCC wrote:"SPOTTERS AREA - SERIALS AND AIRFIELD LOGS" - says it all really.

The sky over someone's house, in a valley, near a road, isn't an airfield.

I believe this to be the section Dunk refers to: viewforum.php?f=131 - a quick look through there shows plenty of suggestions and requests.

But you'd have seen that if you left your local section for local people! :whistle:
Hi Chris,

So glad you were able to find time within your busy day to reply and post as normal nothing....

Spotters Area to me is different from other people, people go to spotter area's to take pictures or record serials or just chat about local issues, that is how I see a "Spotters Area". The Section title you highlight is "not" a rule or anywhere close. So when I originally ask and asked a few time to be shown the rule that kept being quoted we were breaking no one did or could as none exists. Hence the need for the latest guidelines at top of sections.

Just for you and admin/mods... I'll not reply again to this thread, think I've highlighted my point again, thanks for reading.

I'm not sure why you and another decided to take a great interested in making posts not for contribution of valid data purposes but simply to start conflict, but that's an issue for the admin and moderators of the forum, not me, as to date you've not directly attacked me, so enough said there.

As for the question of where to post regarding suggestions and requests for updating forum, it was more tongue in cheek as it was said the review and consultation was in progress, but I could not find the thread or section to contribute....
Running SBS-3 & Planeplotter code: F4
Cornwall, near EGDR

EGDR

Post by EGDR » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:17 pm

I guess I'll use this thread to reply to a post in another thread which I can't reply to because it happens to be locked...
Dunk wrote:A lot of noise from some of those that have started their own little gang, and refuse to post here, but remain vociferous about wanting St Mawgan added.... :halo: :roll:
If you looked, the starter of that thread, and some of the others who were the most active in wanting a new St Mawgan/Newquay section were still active contributors to this forum and are not members of a new forum set up specifically for the South West, so that sentence really makes little sense.

I understand why many threads in this section were considered to be in the wrong section, and I agreed for a lot of them, but as Dave has stated, the whole section is up for people's interpretation. There were (at the time) no set rules for the type of posts allowed in this section, and indeed, it wasn't just the SW section posting things that woluld now be outside the of the section's description.

Zymurgy661

Post by Zymurgy661 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:03 pm

bouncyt wrote:Well said Dave and thank you EGCC for pointing out where you think we should be posting suggestions.
Since as stated they are looking to make changes, I looked in vain for an admin lead thread with their suggestions and an invitation for discussion. I can't find that.
For a start there needs to be profiles of typical users and an understanding of how they use the forum.
Each of the sections needs to be designed so they can be user friendly for the profile of user that they are designed for.
I get the feeling that any changes that will be made will be arrived as a result of a pub discussion and unless one meets the profile of the admins ones needs will not be taken into consideration.
I have written extensively in previous threads of how I used FC and why heads up/OTT did not work for me. Those posts were deleted when a thread was deleted because of the actions of an individual impersonating a moderator.
Guys do your brain storm, put up your findings, and then invite comments. You can go back to the deleted threads as admin and find my remarks.

PS if you want to apply non existent rules retrospectively to the south west at at least have the good grace to apply the rules that do exist to all other sections.
BouncyT - you have indeed written extensively in threads as you have pointed out. And, as i pointed out to you via PM only a couple of weeks ago we responded directly too you with out reasons as to why we didn't feel your suggestions would work. This was in November and you thanks us for the response and would get back to us after you had considered them. Have we heard from you? Well, yes, but other than calling us children, no response or attempt to be constructive or even a comment on what was sent previously.

We tried to engage with you directly on how to structure the section yet rather than input it seems you would prefer to ignore that and just go straight for the 'mod bashing' approach.

Zymurgy661

Post by Zymurgy661 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:10 pm

KyleG wrote: If you looked, the starter of that thread, and some of the others who were the most active in wanting a new St Mawgan/Newquay section were still active contributors to this forum and are not members of a new forum set up specifically for the South West, so that sentence really makes little sense.

I understand why many threads in this section were considered to be in the wrong section, and I agreed for a lot of them, but as Dave has stated, the whole section is up for people's interpretation. There were (at the time) no set rules for the type of posts allowed in this section, and indeed, it wasn't just the SW section posting things that woluld now be outside the of the section's description.
Hi Kyle,

As you know, the section guidelines are now in place so things of that nature should be alot clearer.

In terms of the St Mawgan/Newquay section, as i said in the other thread, it will be considered. I appreciate that people feel a need for it given the number of mil movements going through. I can't comment on why its not been added in the past. If there are enough movements and reports to warrant a section then perfect.

Zymurgy661

Post by Zymurgy661 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:30 pm

As for the rest of the comments, i'm not sure how a thread simply asking for a section to be added can turn into this - a simple request by a member that, once again seems to be people coming back to things that happened months ago? Isn't it time to move on and try and work with us?

We (the admin/mod team) do this for fun and we are all open to constructive comments, remarks etc either in threads or PM. It benefits nobody to refering to past events that have, now, been fixed.

This is an open invite for any of the SW member who want to make a constructive and positive contribution to contact me directly so we can have sensible discussions about the future, not the past. PM me if interested.

2e1var

Post by 2e1var » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:24 am

I live in the SW, I'm an active spotter, I spend many hours monitoring Airband/Planeplotter. There is one place and one place only I expect to see or check for OTT flights.
In the OTT section because that's where they go ! With PP I'm interested in activity all over the UK and to check every section is ridiculous when they should all be in one place.
Can you boys stop giving us SW members a bad name and just post in the right place.

Rich
(originally from the Midlands so maybe that makes a difference)
UBC-15X, 800XLT, 3500XLT, VT-225, Airspy R2/Mini/SDR#, RSP1A/SDR Uno

UK Radio Scanners Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1451306941772699

POL

Post by POL » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:16 am

Josh B wrote:
phoenixegmh wrote:Image
Your point is??????
From one of the other posts: "A lively vibrant section in my opinion was ruined by the posts from someone outside the region."

rh226

Post by rh226 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:22 am

2e1var wrote:I live in the SW, I'm an active spotter, I spend many hours monitoring Airband/Planeplotter. There is one place and one place only I expect to see or check for OTT flights.
In the OTT section because that's where they go ! With PP I'm interested in activity all over the UK and to check every section is ridiculous when they should all be in one place.
Can you boys stop giving us SW members a bad name and just post in the right place.

Rich
Well said that man :thumbs:
Cheers, Bob

2e1var

Post by 2e1var » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:17 pm

St. Mawgan's back. Shows what can be achieved with sensible discussion and communication.
UBC-15X, 800XLT, 3500XLT, VT-225, Airspy R2/Mini/SDR#, RSP1A/SDR Uno

UK Radio Scanners Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1451306941772699

Richard B

Post by Richard B » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:08 pm

2e1var wrote:I live in the SW, I'm an active spotter, I spend many hours monitoring Airband/Planeplotter. There is one place and one place only I expect to see or check for OTT flights.

Rich
Common sense and a constructive comment made Richard :thumbs:

EGDR

Post by EGDR » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Well for me at least, it wasn't about whether the posts were in the right section or not (and in many occasions I'd agree they weren't), but more about the attitude displayed towards some of the most active contributors to this section by a certain individual.

It is nice that St Mawgan has its own section back, I just hope the fact that many members have been driven away will not affect the amount of info it could possibly attract.

Dunk

Post by Dunk » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:38 pm

I think we have a way forward, St Mawgan/Newquay has been added, and hopefully we will again see this section return to normality.

2e1var - thanks for your input matey, much appreciated.

Dunk

Mike

Post by Mike » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:07 pm

KyleG wrote:Well for me at least, it wasn't about whether the posts were in the right section or not (and in many occasions I'd agree they weren't), but more about the attitude displayed towards some of the most active contributors to this section by a certain individual.
That's an interesting post Kyle, can you explain who that "certain individual" was please?

Many thanks to 2e1var, his post sums it all up - OTT movements should be in the OTT section and not the SW section. :)
This season, I'll be mostly wearing........A THONG!

bouncyt

Post by bouncyt » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:56 pm

Since you ask Mike, in my view you are the certain individual who has caused the most damage to the South West section of the forum by driving members away. In my view you are in breach of Rule 4 of the forum. Congratulations on thanking 2e1var for his infrequent post to the South West. One thing puzzles me though Mike, why since you live in Inverness, do you pay so much attention on the south west?

Zymurgy661

Post by Zymurgy661 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:20 am

Lets face it 'bouncy-t', if the forum isn't structured in your way then you won't be happy. As has been previously stated (which you seem so quick to ignore) we will not tailor the forum structure to one member due to poor signal strength of their mobile signal.

And whilst we are there, its not the whole SW section. In reality, its the few members of the Culdrose section that have taken offence and still decide to grind the same old axe for month on month. Quite frankly, get over it!

Yes, i'm going to lock the thread. If you have an issue with that, contact a member of staff directly via pm. Further posts that 'grind the same old axe' will be deleted without explanation. And if the rules quoting people out there want to have a go at locking of the thread then i quote the following -
15 - Respect the decisions of the ADMINISTRATION TEAM.
I'm bored of trying to mediate between grown adults. Location of people posting is irrelevant as this is, by its nature, a location diverse hobby. How about we all develop a sense of humiliation? Constant sniping between parties does not help nor benefit.

Return to “South West England”