Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

NATO Tiger Meet 2017 - BAN Landivisiau

Freeman Lowell

Re: NATO Tiger Meet 2017 - BAN Landivisiau

Post by Freeman Lowell » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:00 pm

Sent two applications from a single address. One reply...so far. Although that replies describes paying for more than one person.
Freeman
It’s not what you look at that matters. It’s what you see.

eggchaser

Post by eggchaser » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:22 pm

Looking back I've only ever received one of each communication.

I'm going to go ahead and pay & book for two, we shall see what happens.

Supra

Post by Supra » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:51 am

eggchaser wrote:Mine too, oddly enough.

One question, has anyone sent more than one application from a single address?
If so did you get a single authorisation reply or multiples?
Not an exact science by far....but does the first letter of your surname alphabetically come before your colleagues?
I have three applications from my address & by that measure I should get mine first! :unsure:

eggchaser

Post by eggchaser » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:22 am

And just to inject another slice of worry.... :p

Once you paid did you receive anything other than the automated paypal receipt?

POL

Post by POL » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:00 am

No, but then I wouldn't expect to, because from the email "Don’t forget to check your emails in your mailbox linked to your Paypal account, if we have a doubt we will be able to contact you." :)

eggchaser

Post by eggchaser » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:09 am

S'alright I'm just a tad paranoid.

Bob Tomlin

Post by Bob Tomlin » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:10 pm

S'alright I'm just a tad paranoid.
Well I certainly am now.
With the mixed phrases going out ('all registered spotters have been successful' - on their website and the conflicting one saying not everyone has been accepted - sent out in confirmations according to the UKAR site),
having not yet heard anything since 23rd March, I'm now left wondering if all successful confirmations have been sent out (and therefore I've either just lucked out, or am deemed a security threat) or if there are more to come?
Has anyone else not heard anything or is that it?
My friend applied after me (had successful confirmation) but alphabetically he comes in front of me.

Edit:-
Well that was a bit of a relief. Received it today. :)

Covey

Post by Covey » Tue May 02, 2017 12:21 pm

eggchaser wrote:S'alright I'm just a tad paranoid.
Got my confirmation and I'm about to process payment. :clap:

However, with all the concern regarding internet security and potential fraud in the media, is there any way to check whether the e-mail is legitimate? I know that the e-mail address is the same as the one used to give an earlier update, but that in itself does not mean that it's legitimate.

Does anyone have any thoughts? :unsure:

POL

Post by POL » Tue May 02, 2017 2:13 pm

Run the headers and see if they match up with previous emails? Though thinking about it, as it's come from Gmail I don't think it will.

Maybe post on the NTM Facebook page and ask them to confirm the contents of the email..?

(I accepted it was genuine and paid, as I'm sure everyone else did!)

LWITTS1964

Post by LWITTS1964 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:17 pm

Anyone from the UK whose surname begins with W had confirmation yet? I am still waiting along with 4 four others pre-registered on the same email address over 11 weeks ago now. Only 5 weeks or so to go...NTM this is not good for those who have to make travel plans from outside the host country.

LWITTS1964

Post by LWITTS1964 » Thu May 04, 2017 4:00 pm

LWITTS1964 wrote:Anyone from the UK whose surname begins with W had confirmation yet? I am still waiting along with 4 four others pre-registered on the same email address over 11 weeks ago now. Only 5 weeks or so to go...NTM this is not good for those who have to make travel plans from outside the host country.
OK so no response to that question.

New question.....Has anyone in the UK also not had confirmation yet? It would be appreciated if you could indicate the initial of your surname to try and find some logic to the process. I have friends whose surnames begin with F,P and T that have heard. My party of 5 with surnames beginning with S and W have heard diddly squat to date. Thinking of bailing soon and doing something else instead. SNAFU

Gary
Administrator

Post by Gary » Thu May 04, 2017 4:08 pm

My friends had confirmation on the 27th and there name starts with V
Posh are going to Wembley (albeit for a tin cup)

LWITTS1964

Post by LWITTS1964 » Thu May 04, 2017 4:20 pm

Gary wrote:My friends had confirmation on the 27th and there name starts with V
Thanks Gary

Bob Tomlin

Post by Bob Tomlin » Thu May 04, 2017 6:49 pm

Anyone from the UK whose surname begins with W had confirmation yet? I am still waiting along with 4 four others pre-registered on the same email address over 11 weeks ago now. Only 5 weeks or so to go...NTM this is not good for those who have to make travel plans from outside the host country.
I know how you feel and have been watching this thread as I thought you might've heard by now. I didn't hear until the 1st May myself. There's probably some logic to it somewhere along the line but it's frustrating if you don't know anything. I had thought they might be doing it alphabetically (with me as a 'T' being towards the end too). I even wondered if the food bag option has come into it (as the message states the price to pay and without the food bag it's different). Hope you hear confirmation soon.

LWITTS1964

Post by LWITTS1964 » Fri May 05, 2017 5:54 pm

LWITTS1964 wrote:
LWITTS1964 wrote:Anyone from the UK whose surname begins with W had confirmation yet? I am still waiting along with 4 four others pre-registered on the same email address over 11 weeks ago now. Only 5 weeks or so to go...NTM this is not good for those who have to make travel plans from outside the host country.
OK so no response to that question.

New question.....Has anyone in the UK also not had confirmation yet? It would be appreciated if you could indicate the initial of your surname to try and find some logic to the process. I have friends whose surnames begin with F,P and T that have heard. My party of 5 with surnames beginning with S and W have heard diddly squat to date. Thinking of bailing soon and doing something else instead. SNAFU
UPDATE

The following message has just appeared on the Nato Tigers Facebook page. I had already emailed them earlier in the day.

To All Spotters,

All e-mails have now been send out requesting your payment.
We would now like to ask you all to complete this payment before May 15th, for us to complete the process.
(and make sure we have your goodies on time)

If you have registered and not found an e-mail in your mailbox, you can use the contact form on our website to contact the Spotters day staff.
or mail to spottersntm17@gmail.com.

Best regards,
The NTM Spottersday Team.

LWITTS1964

Post by LWITTS1964 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:18 am

Just a word of warning for those attending the Spottersday next wednesday 14june. The check in and security checks took several hours, meaning some were unfortunately not on base in time to see the first launch of aircraft. My party arrived at the car park just before 6-30am and already a sizeable queue was forming. Many more were behind us though. I estimate it took 2- 2 and a half hours to get on base and then another half hour or so to get pick up a goodie bag which included your meal ticket if ordered during registration. If your not bothered then go straight to the spotters enclosure or pick it up later.

Hopefully they will have learnt some lessons to process people more quickly. The area of the checks IMO was far to small to cater for the numbers. You had to go through a I/D Check then have your bag(s) checked for explosives by a sniffer dog. Then it was a airport style body search followed by a search of your bags by security personnel that included the removal of lenses from camera bodies and lens caps. Then finally on to a holding area to board the buses. The whole area to complete this process was too compact meaning every stage was backing up and going nowhere fast. Hope things change for those going next week.

Return to “France”