Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

A guide to posting images from Flickr

Post your questions, reviews and technical issues here.

A guide to posting images from Flickr

Postby Zymurgy661 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:14 pm

Based on recent changes to Flickr and a number of threads asking how to post images to the forums, i have very quickly created the following that should help everyone.

Step 1 - Go to your flickr Photostream and click on the image that you wish to post

Step 2 - A new screen will appear with the single image on it. From here click on the icon that looks like a box with an arrow pointing out of it

Step 3 - This will bring up a new panel with a range of sharing options. For the forums, it is best to stick with BBCode therefore click on that option

Step 4 - Once BBCode is active (highlighted white instead of grey) you need to select the size of image you wish to share from the drop down list available (longest length on the forum is 1200px)

Step 5 - After selecting the size, click in the highlighted box and select all text (CTRL + A shortcut for Windows or right click and choose select all)

Step 6 - Head to the forums, start your thread and simply past that code into your post (CTRL + V shortcut for Windows)

Step 7 - To prove it works, hit the Preview button and, with luck, everything should be as expected!

Hope this helps everyone, if any questions please post them in this thread.
Zymurgy661

Re: A guide to posting images from Flickr

Postby mikee115 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:55 pm

Excellent. Thanks for the run through.
Mike
mikee115

Postby Cooper1812 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:31 pm

Hi Guys, I can't get this to work - I'm on an iPad, does that make a difference?! There's no option for me to select all the text of the BBCode, it'll only let me copy what's visible and I know part of it is missing.

Hate technology. :blush:
Cooper1812

Postby eagle driver » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:53 pm

A few people have said about encountering differences when using windows 10 .
What I have found is possible a easier way of uploading photos , no need to post BBcodes just a form of copy and paste,
I wont restate the original two steps as these do not change but at step 3 press the arrow that points to the right , this can be found in the bottom right of the screen
A white screen will appear with a box in the centre ,this gives you your share options .
No need to do anything other than press Ctrl+c as it says in the bottom of the box
At this point either create or return to your selected thread,
leave the usual space below any text you have written on screen and Right click PASTE.
This should bring up your bbscript then all you need to do is either preview or submit to view
eagle driver

Postby mjb1948 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:34 pm

made it easy by just following your steps
regards mick :clap:
mjb1948

Return to Photography Q & A / How to post photos