Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Photobucket (again !)

Post your questions, reviews and technical issues here.
BrianM

Photobucket (again !)

Post by BrianM » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:15 pm

I'm rather disappointed with the quality of the photos on here that I have just posted in the thread "New visitor to Brize - 5/3/2010" in "Current Military Aviation". There has been a noticeable loss of quality - in particular, on the close-up of the C-17, the smaller serials below the nose main serial no. are not clear but on my original image used for uploading to PS the number 000201 can be seen clearly.

I seem to remember from previous hints posted about PS that you should make sure that your PS account had the image size limit set to 1MB. In the past I have successfully amended the PS image size (by changing from 1024 up to 1200 I think it was), but now I cannot find anywhere on the Photoshop menu to change anything of this nature. It seems that PS may have been recently amended/updated/improved(?) - anyone else noticed this type of problem ?? - am I missing something glaringly obvious ??

Your comments welcomed.

Trenchard

Re: Photobucket (again !)

Post by Trenchard » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:05 pm

I assume by PS you mean photobucket and not photoshop?

If you wish to change anything size wise in Photobucket look for the 'upload images' area and in brackets in blue is says 'More options'. You can change sizes in there.

HTH
GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

"Flexibility is the key to air power"

BrianM

Post by BrianM » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:38 am

Trenchard wrote:I assume by PS you mean photobucket and not photoshop?

If you wish to change anything size wise in Photobucket look for the 'upload images' area and in brackets in blue is says 'More options'. You can change sizes in there.

HTH
Thanks Trenchard - yes, I should have put PB and not PS !

You've pointed me in the right direction and by way of a test I've just freshly reloaded the close-up shot for display here - so here goes

It's worked - so thanks again ( and i'll now repost all the images in the original post ) My faith in Photobucket now restored !

Trenchard

Post by Trenchard » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:35 am

My pleasure, I'm pleased it worked for you. Nice images by the way :)
GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

"Flexibility is the key to air power"

Return to “Photography Q & A / How to post photos”