This is the most common method used for posting your photos on the forums:
1. Resize the images you want to post on your computer to either 1200 x 1200, 1024 x 680 or 800 x 600 pixels. There are several programs including resizing tools available on the internet for free, I recommend either Google’s Picasa (http://picasa.google.com/) or Irfanview (http://www.irfanview.com/) as it is easy to use and has some great editing features included.
Note - You do not have to resize your images before uploading them to image hosting sites as most sites do this automatically for you. However, for the best image quality in your posts, it is recommended that you resize before uploading them.
2. Register with an image hosting site. The most common sites used are Photobucket (http://photobucket.com/) and Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/) and they are both free to use.
3. When you have registered you will have your own album. In your album you will see an option to Upload. Select this option and then Browse your computer for the images you wish to upload. Once you have located the images, click Upload. Your images will now appear in your album online.
4. For Photobucket:
Hover over the image in your album that you would like to post and several boxes will appear. Click on the fourth link entitled IMG Code. When you click on the link the word Copied will appear, indicating that it has automatically copied the IMG code for you (If ‘Copied’ does not appear then copy and paste the link in the usual way of right clicking and selecting copy)
See here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=26933
5. Now open a new topic under the appropriate section of FighterControl. Give your topic a name, (Eg. Mildenhall 17th March 2009) then in the large white area underneath, write a few relevant words about the photographs you are posting. On a new line under your writing introducing the topic Paste your IMG code by either pressing Ctrl and V on your computer keyboard or right clicking and selecting Paste. If you want to include more than one image in your post, simply repeat the process of copying the IMG code and pasting the link on a new line of your post for each picture you wish to add. Please make sure when including multiple images that you copy and paste the photobucket links underneath each other on a new line in your post and not side by side each other.
Note - We also recommend that you leave a gap between each of your photos by adding another line in between each IMG code you paste. You can easily add a line by pressing the ‘Enter’ key on your keyboard.
6. Click the Preview button next to submit below the area you have just written in. This will show you a preview of how your post will look before you submit it and give you the opportunity to review it. Check that your images have appeared and that all the information you want to include is correct. If you make any amendments to your post, repeat this process by clicking preview again to check that your amendment has been successful.
7. When you are happy with your post click the Submit button next to Preview below. Your post will now appear in the photography section of Civilian Aviation that you have posted it in for all members to see.
If you delete or move images in your Photobucket or Flickr account, they will no longer appear in your post, as this will break the links.
With big thanks to "Spirit of Kittyhawk" (Sam) for this.