Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Canon 5D IV back focus

Post your questions, reviews and technical issues here.
Sparts99

Canon 5D IV back focus

Post by Sparts99 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:14 pm

Been working my way through the options on my new body (ooh err). I can't find a way to make the back focus button focus only, it seems to be focus and exposure. Few tutorials on the web haven't really helped as they seem to be workrounds, any one worked it out?
In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Wallace

Re: Canon 5D IV back focus

Post by Wallace » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:09 am

I can't say for sure but on my camera, which is not a 5D it is Custom function menu 5, Custom Controls shutter button half press to metering start and the AF ON button to AF, first icon.

Sparts99

Re: Canon 5D IV back focus

Post by Sparts99 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:22 pm

On my 5DII and 7D I can make the button focus only, but not on the IV, seems like I'm missing something. Bizarrely you can set it to disable the focus, so a workround is to use the shutter button to set the focus, then hold to the back focus button, release the shutter, re-compose and shoot, seems awkward and wrong.
In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Return to “Photography Q & A / How to post photos”