Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Camera Strap...Recommendations?

Post your questions, reviews and technical issues here.
James Cutting

Re: Camera Strap...Recommendations?

Post by James Cutting » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:48 am

pb643 wrote:
xkekeith wrote:Been using a Peak Design strap for the last 9 months, expensive but I would not go back to anything else now....
Like the adjustable length, so you can have the camera at chest level or on your hip when using a long lens plus the ability to quickly remove the strap when using a tripod.
The Anchor Link quick-connectors are colour coded, they turn yellow then red when frayed to avoid 'incidents'.......
I also use a Peak design. There are a lot of things I like about it, such as the connectors, adjustable length, build quality and security. However I am not convinced that I am as comfortable with it, as other people appear to be with other types of shoulder slings. I feel it should have a shoulder pad of some sort, rather than just strap. I probably don't help this by almost always using it with a rucksack on. I do spend my whole time walking around checking the tripod mount attaching the strap to the lens mount.
Thanks for your tips and opinions :thumb: I'm hoping to pay a trip to Wex this weekend and take a look there
"Grim Reapers Supporter"

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/99536938@N06/

Andy_99

Re: Camera Strap...Recommendations?

Post by Andy_99 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:26 pm

I use a Joby Sling strap attached to the tripod mount on my 100-400 but also have a Joby tether that I thread through one of the standard strap mounts on the camera & then attach to a separate point on the sling as a safety line.

I did have the swivel on the sling jam once before getting the tether causing the tripod mount to unscrew. My camera with 24-105 took a rapid exit toward the ground but luckily my foot was in the right place at the right time to take the impact. Slightly bruised foot but camera & lens undamaged.

Return to “Photography Q & A / How to post photos”