Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Duracell camera batteries?

Post your questions, reviews and technical issues here.
GVLCN

Duracell camera batteries?

Post by GVLCN » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:24 pm

Hi all,

Has anyone ever used the Duracell camera batteries, looking to buy one as an alternative to a LP-E6N for my 6D mark ii.

Any help would be appreciated, the canon batteries are £70 & I don’t fancy paying that for a battery.
I would also consider other third parties but not sure which ones?

Cheers Andy T.

ChrisCwmbran

Re: Duracell camera batteries?

Post by ChrisCwmbran » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:50 pm

I use a Durcell battery in my 7D2 sometimes and its fine. No noticeable difference between it and the Canon battery.

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:58 pm

I have the Duracell equivalent of the Sony NP-BX1 batteries in my 42MP camera. No real difference between Duracell and the Sony originals and get about the same amount of images out of both of them.

Brian

GVLCN

Post by GVLCN » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:38 pm

Thanks for the replies, I will be buying a few of these tomorrow & save a fortune :clap:

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:37 am

I lost the original Canon LP-E6N battery not long after I bought my camera(fell out the bag unnoticed) and replaced it with the Hahnel equivalent for half the price.

Seemingly it preforms better than the Canon as well?

https://www.bristolcameras.co.uk/p-hahn ... attery.htm

Richard B

Post by Richard B » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:35 pm

3rd party packs are as good if not better in most cases. 7 day shop. Used to be very good for buying decentreplacement packs from.

daggerfan

Post by daggerfan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:56 pm

I've often wondered if the likes of Nikon and Canon make their own batteries, or if they are made for them by one of the major battery manufacturers like Duracell or Hahnel. Does anyone out there have a definitive answer? I certainly haven't noticed a difference in performance between good quality third party batteries and camera maker originals. Certainly a helluva difference in price!

Sparts99

Post by Sparts99 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:56 pm

At work we had to adapt some E-6 batteries for a special camera installation. I cracked the cases on them, the canon ones are definitely not the same as anyone elses. We found some of the cheaper ebay ones were the same inside but varied in price considerably, but without taking them apart there was no way of knowing. We use the duracells to power some portable test gear and monitors, they're good performers.
In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Return to “Photography Q & A / How to post photos”