Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

VHS conversion to DVD includes Air Fetes and Mallet Blow

Post your questions, reviews and technical issues here.
low&fast

VHS conversion to DVD includes Air Fetes and Mallet Blow

Post by low&fast » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:56 pm

I have recently found some long lost VHS tapes while clearing my parents house...they were recorded by myself at 2 Air Fetes from the 80's..Holbeach Ranges including A10's ,Harriers both live firing and Mallet blow exercises at Otterburn range on the hill tops above Linshiels..showing very low flying of Tornados Jags and F16's.
As these have not been played for about 20 years and I do not have access to a video player any suggestions as to who or where I could get them converted to DVD for myself ( if they still have anything on them ) and maybe upload to YouTube depending on the quality as I am sure they would be of interest to a few people.

stickshaker

Re: VHS conversion to DVD includes Air Fetes and Mallet Blow

Post by stickshaker » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:50 am

You could keep an eye out for something like this to record from the VHS to DVD: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Panasonic-Dmr ... 2592553622

Once it is on DVD, you can rip it on a computer and save it in various formats. I have one and have copied a few bits of old VHS, it is amazing how poor the quality is compared with current technology - and amazing that we all thought it was brilliant at the time!

sneezy24

Re: VHS conversion to DVD includes Air Fetes and Mallet Blow

Post by sneezy24 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:18 am

Pop into your local SnappySnaps: https://www.snappysnaps.co.uk/photo-ser ... o-dvd.html

Not used them for this, but my father had some stills put onto VHS by them about 15 years ago and they did a good job.
Canon EOS 80D
Canon 70-300 USM II
Canon 18-135 USM
Uniden 125XLT
Canon 50mm 1.8
Panasonic Lumix TZ70

Return to “Photography Q & A / How to post photos”