Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Unusable video on DSLR camera, solved with eyepiece.

Post your questions, reviews and technical issues here.
CookipediaChef

Unusable video on DSLR camera, solved with eyepiece.

Post by CookipediaChef » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:40 am

I upgraded to a Canon 80D in the hope I could use it, in conjunction with a 100/400 lens, to shoot aircraft video footage. Anyone here who has tried this will know how hopeless a task this is.
If you can manage to see the LCD at all in bright sunlight, you certainly can't track your target or zoom effectively. :@

Browsing this forum for some ideas, someone mentioned a 'lens adaptor' that fits over the LCD. After some more Googling, I discovered the TARION TR-V2 Universal LCD Display View Finder [only £37 from Amazon!!]

I have not yet had the chance to test with aircraft, but if the trial back-garden bird videos I've made are anything to go by, I've found a solution to this problem!

Not sure what I was expecting but I was surprised at the size of it when it arrived as none of the Amazon pics showed it mounted to a camera.

Here's one with the big lens, now that's a video camera!

In the hope that it might be of use to others in the same situation as me, I created a short article with quite a few more pictures of this device:
https://www.is-beer-a-vegetable.com/wik ... deo_camera
--Jerry

tim_raper

Re: Unusable video on DSLR camera, solved with eyepiece.

Post by tim_raper » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:16 pm

good info and thanks, might just try

Return to “Photography Q & A / How to post photos”