Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

DSLR newbie question

Post your questions, reviews and technical issues here.
Dave934

Re: DSLR newbie question

Post by Dave934 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:20 pm

The photo with your (lovely) daughter is close to Perfect on my screen, I was a bit worried that the grass was washed out....but not sure it is grass (is it astro turf?) The grass in the background looks fine,other Colours look fine, and sharpness is fine.
The 3rd and 4th photo are over saturated just a tad on my screen, but still look great. (looking again, maybe photos 1 and 2 could do with a tiny bit of saturation, but not much)
I'd be happy with them !
Dave.

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:38 am

Thanks for the input Dave much appreciated. I still say that the one with my daughter is washed out and soft round the edges, but as you say the third one looks slightly over saturated as well. The last one looks good on my screen, however the screen will need recalibrating after missing around with the settings over the weekend.

At least I'm heading in the right direction

PS, yes you're right it is Astro turf and not grass under her feet.

Dave934

Post by Dave934 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:02 pm

I guess that shows the problems with laptops, some shots look great on one screen, rubbish on another. It's a mine field Thunder....a mine field !
Like I originally said, first shot looks fine on my screen. It would be handy to get some other input, just to know how other people are seeing the photos. When I get a chance I'll dig out my old laptop and see what they are like on there.
Dave.

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:12 pm

Thanks Dave much appreciated. I'm going to put the same 4 images on a MS and take it into Jessops to see what they see on their machines.

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:01 pm

For me i much prefer the colour in the last two images. It looks too cold in the first two - for my own taste. You get this on auto setting with Canon cameras; which is why i always set my camera to the cloudy setting to give some warmth to the pictures.

Return to “Photography Q & A / How to post photos”