Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Memory card scam.

Post your questions, reviews and technical issues here.
Dave934

Memory card scam.

Post by Dave934 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:07 pm

Just letting people know not to use this person on ebay.
universaltechbase2014

I bought a card from him that didn't turn up, so I contacted him, no reply, so then I checked his feedback and soon realized that loads of people had the same trouble. (I know I should have checked before I bought the card)
So I contacted him again and again, no reply. So I opened a case with ebay, he then said that he had re posted it, and provided a USED tracking number that dated before he sent it, and had already been signed for, and ebay closed the case in HIS favour.
Once the case is closed it's nigh on impossible to contact ebay about it. So I left negative feedback, so others wouldn't be scammed, and guess what, ebay removed it !! They also removed other negative feedback he had.
Hope this helps some of you if you need a memory card.
Dave.

Skip

Re: Memory card scam.

Post by Skip » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:12 pm

Was it paid by Paypal? try getting your money back through them
The last time I saw an F22 at Lakenheath i DIDN'T photoshop it...
Flickr

daggerfan

Post by daggerfan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:47 pm

Stories like that make me glad I buy my cards from Tesco or Premier Ink. Maybe not the cheapest, but obviously less hassle.

Dave934

Post by Dave934 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:57 pm

Skip wrote:Was it paid by Paypal? try getting your money back through them
Yeah, it was. But TBH it was only a fiver so probably not worth the effort.
I was just really angry that ebay are letting him get away with it, and wouldn't even let me leave negative feedback.
I spent hours trying to contact ebay about the fact that he used a dodgy tracking number, but once they close a case your stuffed.
Live and learn !
Dave.

Dave934

Post by Dave934 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:59 pm

daggerfan wrote:Stories like that make me glad I buy my cards from Tesco or Premier Ink. Maybe not the cheapest, but obviously less hassle.
Yes, I've got to agree.
I ended up buying one from our local supermarket.
Dave.

pawlee1

Post by pawlee1 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:20 pm

It's why scammers work on low fees sometimes hoping they get lots of 5 pounds and very often do. I can't believe e-bay have removed negative feedback and should ban him asap'
:grr: :grr: :grr:

Dave934

Post by Dave934 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:42 pm

pawlee1 wrote:It's why scammers work on low fees sometimes hoping they get lots of 5 pounds and very often do. I can't believe e-bay have removed negative feedback and should ban him asap'
:grr: :grr: :grr:
That is what has really annoyed me, (removing my HONEST feedback) I've bought hundreds of things from ebay over the years and that was the only time I've ever left negative feedback.
I also noticed some of the other negative feedback others had left for him had been removed.
It's almost like ebay are letting him get away with it.

I've lost my trust in ebay. I always thought it was safe to buy anything from there, but it seems too easy to "trick" them. I'm glad it was only £5.
Dave.

TankBuster

Post by TankBuster » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:08 pm

Ebay does have some very honest sellers, but as you've found out, some real crooked sellers are on there too :grr:.
Sounds like your seller has found himself a fraudulent way of proving that items were delivered when in fact they were not, and that ebay themselves haven't bothered to check your case in the detail which they should have.

This sort of thing really sucks & ebay really should be held to account for it. They have assisted a crook in ripping people off & most importantly you have lost your money. Wether its £5 or £500 its still your money & you should really pursue getting your money back. Closed case or not, file a complaint with them as after all they have handled your case incorrectly :grr:.

TankBuster
And there's plenty more where that came from!

Return to “Photography Q & A / How to post photos”