Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

slide scanners

Post your questions, reviews and technical issues here.
firefox47

slide scanners

Post by firefox47 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:06 pm

Hi can anyone guide me on how to put slides that iv got on computer as i only have 40 from years ago thanks

stickshaker

Re: slide scanners

Post by stickshaker » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:53 am

They need to be scanned somehow. For that small number it is probably not worth buying anything decent, and the cheaper ones are not usually up to much. I've even seen reasonable results projecting them on a screen then photographing the image with a digital camera. It really depends what you want to scan them for and in what sort of quality.

You can get relatively cheap slide copying lens attachments, if you have a suitable camera, but you might be better off having them done commercially. I've got one of these, which is fine for web uploads, but I will get a better one for all my old slides at some stage.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Opteka-Digtal- ... B001NIU5US

You might find somewhere local to do them, lots of folk don't like the idea of sending their irreplaceable originals away in the post. Or you might find someone locally who has a scanner - it might help if you had a location in your profile.

firefox47

Re: slide scanners

Post by firefox47 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:33 pm

thanks for help will take it on board

Return to “Photography Q & A / How to post photos”