Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Sandisk Memory Cards

Post your questions, reviews and technical issues here.
John flightpath

Sandisk Memory Cards

Post by John flightpath » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:49 am

Which Sandisk memory cards do you prefer to use, and why ?

Regards
John 'flightpath'.
Equipment
Canon EOS 750D

Sigma APO OS DG 150-500mm
Canon 55-250 IS STM Lens
Sigma APO DG 70-300 lens

Green133

Re: Sandisk Memory Cards

Post by Green133 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:29 am

Just the best spec possible for your budget.Definitely a fast write time though.Their Extreme Pro range is fast.(other manufacturers memory cards are also available) :D

Green133

roughcutter

Post by roughcutter » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:35 pm

Knife 04

Post by Knife 04 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:40 pm

Good price Rough Cutter

Not saying it is true for 7 day shop (puchased a number of times from them and all have been very good) but there some warning of counterfiet sandisk cards a couple of years ago - just be careful where you get the cards from (issues of not being able to download images and corrupt files - there was a way of recognising them and think it was something to do with the burnished metal on the cards?)

All the best

Darren

Supra

Post by Supra » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:29 am

The following correspondence relates to a previous 'Hooky' CF Card purchased from a routinely-trusted supplier! At the very same time (early 2014) of this correspondence, SanDisk were changing their high-end cards appearance to the predominantly 'black' label in an effort to stay ahead of the Asian copies.

64Gb Sandisk ‘Extreme Pro’ CF. Card.
Ebay Dispute Facts as Filed…(‘Red’details NOT Sent!! to Supplier or Ebay, as I have no desire to help the 'bandits' correct their mistakes!)
The 64Gb Sandisk Extreme Pro CF Card I have received from yourself is ,in my opinion, not a genuine article. Whilst the Card capacity appears close to that expected, there is no guarantee of the speed criteria for this card. Alarm bells rang loudly when I had to Format the card before use. I will list the following issues with authenticity, which I am sure you are already aware of!
a)Outer Packaging Box-3 issues…( Wrong Graphics/ Wrong seal/ Spurious Product Code***-Z46
b)Inner Clear Packaging- 2 issues…( Not Sealed clear packaging/ Item number/code Not embossed)
c)Card Front Face- 4 issues..(Upper 2 Corners are square/ Finish & size of metallic edge/ Extra ‘TM’/Asterisk after ‘MB/s’)
d)Card Rear Face- 3 issues…..(Upper 2 Corners are square/ Finish & size of metallic edge/ Logo & Lettering Font)
e) Card Casing- 1 issue….(Position & Validity of Serial # on lower face)
To ensure my suspicions are correct I have contacted Sandisk & they have verified in writing that this product is counterfeit.
I am seeking full reimbursement of the purchase price + my Postage costs + Costs of return postage (your choice of method/insurance security And/Or self-addressed pre-paid envelope in which the Item will be returned.
The above terms are NOT negotiable as any Contract between us was dissolved when you knowingly/unknowingly supplied the fake Goods.
I await your agreement to Refund the revised total amount & urge you to settle this expeditiously, as I am clearly an unhappy Buyer!

Never accept Goods from anywhere as the 'REAL Deal'. In another example, the price point of fake Timberland Boots is about £20 below genuine, suggesting a good deal?... Quite the reverse, more profit for the :grr: scum!

roughcutter

Post by roughcutter » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:12 pm

Whereas I am quite aware of the dodgey cards (I never buy them from ebay - particularly Hong Kong dealers), I been using 7dayshop.com since 1998 with no issues whatsoever.

sploosher

Post by sploosher » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:29 pm

I now only buy Lexar ones, have bought Sony in the past though.......... :thumb:

I thought it was common knowledge in the photographic world that Sandisk were the most `faked` memory cards out there.......... :)
Please feel free to visit my flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/35699306@N04/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sony A700, A550, Minolta135,500 a/f mirror, Sigma 10-20,400, Sony 18-70,50, Tamron 17-50,28-300,70-300,90

John flightpath

Post by John flightpath » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:40 pm

I have bought them off Ebay, in fact I bought one this week. Never had an issue, however they are all UK based suppliers and have extended, good selling history.
Just be aware of the liars and the cheats out there.

Cheers
John 'flightpath'.
Equipment
Canon EOS 750D

Sigma APO OS DG 150-500mm
Canon 55-250 IS STM Lens
Sigma APO DG 70-300 lens

Return to “Photography Q & A / How to post photos”