Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

photography vest advice!!

Post your questions, reviews and technical issues here.
Richard B

Re: photography vest advice!!

Post by Richard B » Sat May 01, 2010 10:32 pm

Not much use for big pockets etc today ,
with the bygone age of film pockets was the name of the game.

Past years for me was film and shooting so my local shooting club had the answer for me. i could hold cans of film in the 12guage slots and pockets
for other items.
link to a few places i use.
http://www.garlandsleisure.co.uk/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.kibworthshootingground.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Trenchard

Post by Trenchard » Sun May 02, 2010 9:43 am

I would go for a good weather proof camera bag/rucksack. You fit more in a bag/rucksack, with increased safety in my opinion, than the jacket and do you really want to be dressing up as the summer temp rises? :cool:

Keep in mind that most folk would step over a bag but might not be so careful if they thought it was 'just' a jacket. So take the jacket off when the temp soars, chav child, off its leash and uncontrollable by Wayne (Football fan, England out in group stages, hates Germans and penalty shootouts, thinks a Spitfire is a Harrier, and drunk)and Tracey (sunburnt, and disinterested as the only thing she knows about aircraft is they take her on hen nights to Magaluf) - (haven't we all been there!) stands on your jacket hitting the pocket containing your full CF card with the precision of a Paveway IV, breaks it and bang goes the shots it holds. :(

The choice then is whether the child lives or dies to see another airshow :whistle:

I'd go for the convenience and ease of a bag but its all personal preference at the end of the day :D
GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

"Flexibility is the key to air power"

HighlandSniper

Post by HighlandSniper » Sun May 02, 2010 10:32 am

I've had several Photo Vests over the years, I have a Tamrac one at present which isn't great - the best was made by DOMKE - It easily accommodated a large SLR body/grip, flash-gun, 3 lenses and bits 'n pieces and had a built in harness to spread the weight.

Despite using vests, I still prefer a good rucksack-type back such as the LowePro Vertex series.

HighlandSniper

Post by HighlandSniper » Sun May 02, 2010 5:25 pm

The ideal compromise would be vest and rucksack :thumb:

Return to “Photography Q & A / How to post photos”