Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Photoshop CC

Post your questions, reviews and technical issues here.
Pune

Photoshop CC

Post by Pune » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:44 pm

Hi Guys,
Anyone got experience of using Adobe Photoshop CC, if so how does it compare to CS6, be interested to hear your views, reviews.
Cheers
Pune
If you can keep your head whilst all around are losing theirs, you have probably completely misread the situation!!

POL

Re: Photoshop CC

Post by POL » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:05 pm

Couple of better things, nothing really for what we need it though.

Pune

Post by Pune » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:17 pm

Thanks for getting back EGCC, that's info' worth noting..
Cheers
Pune
If you can keep your head whilst all around are losing theirs, you have probably completely misread the situation!!

Wallace

Post by Wallace » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:21 pm

I don't know what CS6 was like but CC gets the job done. I subscribe to the Cloud deal, it's good value at under a tenner a month.

The beauty of this is you get the updates as soon as they are released.

Pune

Post by Pune » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:30 pm

Thanks Wallace, all info' gratefully received before the decision is made.
Cheers
Pune

TallDan76

Post by TallDan76 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:49 pm

I subscribe to the cloud deal as well... very good value to me at under a tenner a month, and provides all of the tools needed...

Dan

MacksAviation

Post by MacksAviation » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:09 pm

For the price of approx 3 starbuck/costa coffees a month its a no brainer

Lightroom is an excellent piece of software which I use 95% of the time for all photo editing and cataloguing.

Dan214sqn

Post by Dan214sqn » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:28 pm

Ive never used CS6 but subscribed to the cloud deal last year. I use CC all the time and find it very friendly

Pune

Post by Pune » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:52 am

Thanks Guys, all good info', decisions decisions!!

LTFT5

Post by LTFT5 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:24 am

Hi

I subscribe to the cloud recently but have found 99% of the time I only use lightroom and very little of CC.
Lightroom is quick,easy and gives outstanding results and cataloguing in one package.
If you have a student within the family you can get lightroom at very discounted price from adobe by using their student registration number.
I will be buying lightroom and unsubscribing to the cloud, but that's just me personally.
Must say I already have a old copy of elements on my computer.

Perhaps ask the members which they use most, Lightroom or CC.

Hope this helps

Andy
“Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.”

ramjet

Post by ramjet » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:26 pm

Then again you could ignore Photoshop & Lightroom completely & use one of the numerous freebies out there.
I use XNVIEW & can do pretty much everything I need using that. It's FREE & the Photoshop Plugins etc will work in XNVIEW.

Rog.

Pune

Post by Pune » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:24 pm

Thanks Rog,
Hadn't even considered that route, sounds interesting.
Cheers
Pune

Pune

Post by Pune » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:26 pm

Thanks again to all you guys who replied, its really appreciated and food for thought.
Pune

Chris Procter

Post by Chris Procter » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:15 pm

I have the Photoshop CC and Lightroom is thrown in with it I pay £7.40p a month
must add I use Photoshop all the time and spent a couple of afternoons using Lightroom and no longer use it
for batch processing I think Canons own software DPP cant be beaten for speed and ease of use

Jason Grant

Post by Jason Grant » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:47 am

I used to use Elements (owned 2, 4, 8 and 11) working alongside Canon's software supplied with the camera. I purchased Lightroom in 2012 but very soon afterwards, my daughter had to purchase Adobe CS6 for Uni, she installed it on my iMac under her login, this gives me free use of it when I login?

I love Adobe Bridge coupled with the full editing suite and would now never go back. If I lost the use, I would pay for the full package myself, it is brilliant.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonintamworth/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topol-M

Post by Topol-M » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:45 am

I pay the full whack for ALL of CC (PS, Dreamweaver, Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, Audition, In Design etc.) and it is well worth the money

You will get every update that Adobe produce, so no need to spend thousands on software that is made out of date a year later.

A few years ago, Adobe estimated that 60% of Photoshops on the planet were cracked versions, now they estimate that to be down to less than 20% because of the subscription service.

The only thing I don't use is Lightroom, I tried and found it to be more time consuming than PS.

Obviously you don't need to go the whole hog if you just edit photos but if you do want to do other things like your own website, or need to create docs for work then the full suite is great. As an example, Audition is for creating sound tracks but it is just as good at editing recordings you may have made from your scanner. It's quick an easy to edit the recordings into something that you can then upload to the internet. My recent uploads of the Bears to my blog were done using Audition. There is other software out there (Audacity for instance) but they're not as easy to use in my opinion (and I used Audacity for years).

Pune

Post by Pune » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:01 am

Thanks again guys, a lot to think about, decision time looming, thanks again for all your input.
Cheers
Pune

Zymurgy661

Post by Zymurgy661 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:48 pm

Another PS/LR CC user here. For the cost, it really is a good deal if you ask me.

As Tony has said, the un-licensed cracked versions of PP around was amazingly high a few years back mostly down to the fact that the majority of people who use it don't rely on it for their profession therefore spending £600 for a product 'as a hobby' was out of the question. Also, the upgrade costs weren't exactly much cheaper from memory!

Return to “Photography Q & A / How to post photos”