Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Patrick AFB - Spotting / Orlando MCO question

eagle driver

Re: Patrick AFB - Spotting / Orlando MCO question

Post by eagle driver » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:04 pm

Patrick afb is bordered on the coastal side by the shore road there is a car park near the top end ofthe airfield opposite the herc /hh-60 ramps .
The B-52 at mco is at the junction of airport access rd and the freeway that runs across the north of the airport and is accessable from the airport service road that runs parrelel to it how exactly this is done i am not sure looking on google things have certainly changed since i was last there

Nick.M

Post by Nick.M » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:31 am

In 2007 I got some reasonable shots from the beach, I kept a low profile and wasn't bothered by anybody, good views of the runway from this area.

Nick.

GOOSE

Post by GOOSE » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:59 pm

Patrick is great, the lay by is easy to find and very obvious. Don't forget the Titusville museum if you are over Patrick way on.

Melbourne can also be worth a look too but it's a bit further south. Recommend Andy Marden's excellent US Mil out of service book for the locations of stuff.

ukpbz

Post by ukpbz » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:34 am

Hi UK_Tomcat_Fan

Did you manage to get some good places. I fly into MIA in a couple of weeks so looking for advice on South Florida spotting too

Thanks

Return to “United States of America”