Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Cosford Airshow - First Dibs

Post your Airshow, Event, Families day's, flypast photos etc in here for all to see.
F3

Cosford Airshow - First Dibs

Post by F3 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:46 pm

As I don't get to many shows these days I'd like to get the ball rolling on yesterday's Cosford. Fantastic show/organisation/weather. Simply don't have enough superlatives to describe it. Best static display I've seen in years. Really well thought out - with re-enactors complementing it rather than getting in the way as is too often the case. The MiG-29 display was my highlight, closely followed by the BBMF heavies. One small criticism of the flying programme was the succession of helicopter displays in mid afternoon which literally put some of the crowd to sleep.

ImageCosford - Part of the superb static display by Michael Britton, on Flickr

ImageCosford - Tornado F3 43 Sqn. by Michael Britton, on Flickr

ImageCosford - Buccaneer S2 by Michael Britton, on Flickr

ImageCosford - JP3 CFS Red Pelicans Display Team by Michael Britton, on Flickr

ImageCosford - VAAC Harrier by Michael Britton, on Flickr

ImageCosford '18 - Hurricane + MiG29 by Michael Britton, on Flickr

ImageCosford '18 - BBMF by Michael Britton, on Flickr

ImageCosford - Dakota + Lancaster BBMF by Michael Britton, on Flickr

ImageCosford - 757 RNZAF by Michael Britton, on Flickr

ImageCosford - Agusta A109 BAF 1 by Michael Britton, on Flickr

ImageCosford '18 - Bristol Sycamore by Michael Britton, on Flickr

Cyberfox

Re: Cosford Airshow - First Dibs

Post by Cyberfox » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:26 pm

Very nice, love the static line-up! Where did that 43 sqn F.3 come from, is it from the technical training school?

1marshn30

Post by 1marshn30 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:18 pm

Thanks for posti g F3 looks like you had a great day out.
Ni

F3

Post by F3 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:47 pm

Cyberfox wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:26 pm
Very nice, love the static line-up! Where did that 43 sqn F.3 come from, is it from the technical training school?
Suppose it must be as was nt imported (like the Lightning + F4) as far as I'm aware. Was certainly a nice surprise and appears in tip top condition.

John flightpath

Post by John flightpath » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:55 pm

I like those shots a lot. Pity I missed it all ( a calculated decision by yours truly) Hope to see more pics on the same thread.

Best Regards
John 'flightpath'.
Equipment
Canon EOS 750D

Sigma APO OS DG 150-500mm
Canon 55-250 IS STM Lens
Sigma APO DG 70-300 lens

brodiebear

Post by brodiebear » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:48 am

Cyberfox wrote:
Been at Cosford since 2001 I believe

F3

Post by F3 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:38 pm

Cyberfox wrote:
My research has revealed that this is actually a marriage. ZE340 served @ Coningsby with 229 OCU/56(R) Sqn. where in '95 it rec'd pseudo Italian mks. prior to the signing of the leasing agreement for F3s for the AMI. Retired in '01 it was delivered to Cosford where it later rec'd the tail of ZE758/GO an ex - Leuchars jet which served with 111 Sqn. in the 2nd. Gulf War before being delivered for RTP in '09.

Tally-ho

Post by Tally-ho » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:35 pm

Well done, I see I'm not the only one who struggled with shooting into bright light from the crowd line.

Good show, well organised, smooth arrival and parking arrangements, good catering (pricey though) and pity about the loss of commentary for about an hour during the afternoon. All said, the glory days of Waddington will remain a fond memory … I digress.

F3

Post by F3 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:47 pm

Tally-ho wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:35 pm
Well done, I see I'm not the only one who struggled with shooting into bright light from the crowd line.

Good show, well organised, smooth arrival and parking arrangements, good catering (pricey though) and pity about the loss of commentary for about an hour during the afternoon. All said, the glory days of Waddington will remain a fond memory … I digress.
Ah yes Waddington (eyes glazed over)...happy days (incl the arrivals days). Now just a memory. But this is the nearest one can get to it (quite literally from Yorkshire). The sun actually made my eyes water so much that I never managed a decent shot of the Rafale which was a bit annoying.

Return to “Airshow & Event Photography”