Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

My 2016 airshow season

Post your Airshow, Event, Families day's, flypast photos etc in here for all to see.
stuart n

My 2016 airshow season

Post by stuart n » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:33 am

A very reduced calendar for me this year for a number of reasons. Three trips to Old Warden and Meet the Fighters are Duxford as a paying spectator plus a week working as a volunteer at RIAT. For me Old Warden is the best airshow venue in the country and possibly the world, nowhere else I've been to matches the atmosphere.

Shuttleworth Season Premier, the new display line at the time meant not many photos were taken of the flying:

Blenheim L6739 G-BPIV - The Aircraft Restoration Company by stu norris, on Flickr

ImageHawker Demon K8203 G-BTVE by stu norris, on Flickr

Hurricane I R4118 G-HUPW - Hurricane Heritage by stu norris, on Flickr

The Red Arrows by stu norris, on Flickr

The Fly Navy show at Old Warden was, for me, the show of the season. Superb line up including the Sea Vixen and who will forget the TFC trio tearing up the airfield.

Sea Vixen FAW.2 XP924 - G-CVIX Fly Navy Heritage Trust by stu norris, on Flickr

Sea Hurricane Ib Z7015 G-BKTH The Shuttleworth Collection by stu norris, on Flickr

Sea Hurricane Ib and Seafire III by stu norris, on Flickr

Spitfire Mk LF XVIe | TE311 | Battle of Britain Memorial Flight by stu norris, on Flickr

F8F-2P Bearcat G-RUMM The Fighter Collection by stu norris, on Flickr

Morane-Saulnier MS.312 G-MOSA Tony Whitehead by stu norris, on Flickr

Bristol Scout C1264 G-FDHB | David Bremner by stu norris, on Flickr

Swordfish Mk.1 WS856 Royal Navy Historic Flight - NAS Yeovilton by stu norris, on Flickr

Weather was typical at RIAT and didn't get to see much of the flying due to working:

F-22A Raptor with F-35A Lightning II by stu norris, on Flickr

F-35B Lightning II 166727 / VM-19 - VMFAT-501 MCAS Beaufort by stu norris, on Flickr

Chipmunk T-10 WP964 G-HDAE - James Lewis by stu norris, on Flickr

Mirage 2000N 353/125-AM - EC2/4 Istres AB by stu norris, on Flickr

F-22A Raptor 09-4191 FF - 94th Fighter Squadron Langley AFB by stu norris, on Flickr

F-4E Phantom II 01504 - 339 MPK Andravída AB by stu norris, on Flickr

Picked the right day weather wise to go to Duxford for Meet the Fighters:

Spitfire Vb EP122 G-CISV - Comanche Fighters by stu norris, on Flickr

Vampire FB.52 and T.55 - Norwegian Air Force Historical Squadron Rygge AB by stu norris, on Flickr

Royal Aircraft Factory B.E.2c with Fokker Dr1 - Great War Display Team by stu norris, on Flickr

The Master and The Apprentice by stu norris, on Flickr

Catalina PBY-5A G-PBYA 44-3915 - Plane Sailing Duxford by stu norris, on Flickr

B-17G Flying Fortress G-BEDF Sally B - B-17 Preservation Ltd by stu norris, on Flickr

Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team - RAF Scampton by stu norris, on Flickr

And some stunning light to end the season ot old Warden:

DH.88 Comet Grosvenor House G-ACSS - The Shuttleworth Collection Old Warden by stu norris, on Flickr

Hurricane I R4118 G-HUPW - Hurricane Heritage by stu norris, on Flickr

Royal Aircraft Factory S.E.5a F-904 G-EBIA - The Shuttleworth Collection Old Warden by stu norris, on Flickr

DH.89A Rapide G-AGSH - Techair London Ltd by stu norris, on Flickr

Avro 504K E3273 G-ADEV - The Shuttleworth Collection Old Warden by stu norris, on Flickr

P-51D Mustang 44-72035 G-SIJJ - Tall In The Saddle - Hangar 11 Collection North Weald by stu norris, on Flickr

Thanks for looking and Happy New Year :D

Return to “Airshow & Event Photography”