Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Old JP shots

Warbirds, Replicas and Nostalgic photos in here please.
jaybee

Old JP shots

Post by jaybee » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:19 am

Some old slide shots of jet Provosts, brought to life this week. Not the best copies as the slides are over25 years old and have been copied, from my own home made device :unsure: .
The line -up of the one in the rain was taken at Finningley, waiting for the JP.Mk1 to turn up(but didn't show.)The Nose line up was taken at Halton(I think) and the rest from 1 FTS at Linton-On -Ouse.
I was lucky to get a flight in the Mk5a in 1992 and have included some from the base, from the visit.JP.Mk5a with 66 on , was the one I took the flying shots from... :)

ImageDSC05422555 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

ImageDSC05243555 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

ImageDSC05425555 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

ImageDSC05486555 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

ImageDSC05413555 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

ImageDSC05462555 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

ImageDSC05345555555 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr
Oh the games people play now :ninja:

The Phantom

Re: Old JP shots

Post by The Phantom » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:21 am

No need to concern yourself with comments like 'not the best copies' when the images are fantastically nostalgic like these :thumbs:

A good glimpse into how busy these places used to be!

Airborne shots are fantastic :Wow: :thumbs:

F3

Post by F3 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:29 am

Very nice John, esp the air to airs and that line - up of the noses. Well remember how the weather changed on the day of the JP's retirement so that the formation flypast was in torrential rain. Dread to think what will happen to Linton when the training moves to Valley next year. Probably go the same way as Fenton with only the YUAS left. Sad end for a once busy base. However I understand we may see some Texans there before the move.

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:50 pm

Hi John :P

WR&N shots of the highest quality, IMHO :thumbs:

Brings back memories of all those old teams, like the Poachers, Pelicans, etc. :O

Best regards from north of the Wensum ;)

Thanks for posting :thumb:

Paddyboy :clap:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

jaybee

Post by jaybee » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:46 pm

Many Thanks to The Phantom,F3 & Paddyboy...For checking the post out and replying. I was pleased with the results ,I was meant to remark that the slides were pretty dark, on the day. I was underexposing at the time and didn't know it. Apart from pretty dark weather on the trip, my metering went down, something to do with the selenium cells. Its impossible to put the camera really close to your face, as you have to wear the clear visor down as per safety regs., so everything was hit and miss.

I was pleased though that I could manipulate them back to life , with my own copying gizmo and some photo shop :) At 66 I'm as thick as PS, when it comes to the photo-shop stuff.
Now I'm on track though with my way of doing stuff. Yes Mick I agree with your reply, and hope to get up there and see some of them Texans.I've added a couple more shots, that might ring a bell to you! Hi Paddy, your comment about the teams, takes me back to the days watching Farnborough in B/W and seeing those Red Pelicans... the little JP was making an impression on me then :) All the best from South of the water, enjoy the day and your Sunday dinner mate... :thumb:

ImageDSC05508555 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

ImageDSC05496555 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

ImageSpotters Park Spot...At Linton-Upon Ouse by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

This is the viewing area, park spot at Linton. Something we will never see again, is The massive line up of JPs, plus a few Tucanos chucked in... :unsure:

That's Sutton Bank above the bottom shot , with the famous Horse landmark and gliding club area...

SW Sky Blue

Post by SW Sky Blue » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:59 pm

Love it :thumbs:

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:09 pm

Hi John :P

Great add-ons :thumbs:

The last shot with the 'plastic pig' makes me chuckle :lol:

Thanks for posting :thumb:

Paddyboy :clap:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

jag636

Post by jag636 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:50 pm

Shots from the past of an air force we once had, oh halcyon days how I miss thee, like a summer so long gone where did it all go wrong, thank you for sharing

jaybee

Post by jaybee » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:01 am

Many thanks for the interest in the post. Yes it is a shame about the scale of things in the Air Force now, and its all happening so quickly.
I hope the people who operate classic jets, don't throw the towel in too early, I certainly appreciate their commitment...cheers... :thumb:

Frank the Dog

Post by Frank the Dog » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:32 pm

What a great post, something really different. Particularly like the air to air shots, many thanks for sharing.
Paddle faster................. I hear banjos !

jaybee

Post by jaybee » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:58 pm

Hi Frank the dog...Those words in your reply, make it worth while to sort through old stuff, copy it and put it on the forum...cheers mate... :thumb:

Return to “Warbirds, Replicas and Nostalgic Photography”