Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Eielson AFB Spotting

davechng

Eielson AFB Spotting

Post by davechng » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:37 pm

Anybody have any information about spotting in Eielson AFB! Will be there for 2 days inside but will be there early and was wondering if there is a good place to spot?

Dave Chng
www.airwingspotter.com
Aviation Photographer in Texas.... http://www.airwingspotter.com

Ross Forsyth

Re: Eielson AFB Spotting

Post by Ross Forsyth » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:18 am

Dave

I tried from the outside a couple of years ago,parked my car in one of the openings that lead into the forrest next to the road,base security were round and moved me out the area before I even had the chance to raise the camera for a picture.
Probably best to leave it especially if you are getting on base anyway? Either that or just drive up and down the road along the runway a few times,you get a great view but that just frustrates you more :grr:

davechng

Post by davechng » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:47 pm

HI ROss

Thanks for the tip! seems Eielson is not spotter friendly for sure.. I even ask the PAO and they encourage me not to .....since the roads outside of the base is consider base property.

DaveC
Aviation Photographer in Texas.... http://www.airwingspotter.com

Ross Forsyth

Post by Ross Forsyth » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:58 pm

Dave

Yep thats what Base Security told me at the time aswell,gutted as its a fantastic view along the runway and onto the ramps! He was really cool about it though and very apologetic as he had spent time in the UK so understood the whole aviation photography thing.
I did manage a few sneeky pictures the evening before when I drove down from Fairbanks to check it out ;o)

Had to take the gamble for my first Japanese F-15`s and first Korean Slam Eagles :ninja:

Return to “United States of America”