Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Voyager over Norwich

Only modern military and government aviation can be posted in this section.

Voyager over Norwich

Postby jaybee » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:06 am

Just caught this yesterday, not the best. Shows a Voyager trailing fuel hoses, probably heading for Marham... :)

ImageZZ336/Voyager/Over Norwich by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr
What you see through a camera, cant be distorted with thought or word...
User avatar
jaybee
 

Re: Voyager over Norwich

Postby slogen51 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:02 am

That was Tartan 31 - got dragged into a French QRA
slogen51
 
Location: Surrey and Norfolk

Re: Voyager over Norwich

Postby jaybee » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:54 am

Many thanks for that Slogen51,was this a civvy thing, or part of an exercise. Cheers ...JB... :thumb:
What you see through a camera, cant be distorted with thought or word...
User avatar
jaybee
 

Re: Voyager over Norwich

Postby Scudpilot » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:29 pm

jaybee wrote:Many thanks for that Slogen51,was this a civvy thing, or part of an exercise. Cheers ...JB... :thumb:


I understand it was an exercise.
There is a a video of a radio message elsewhere with the pilots of Typhoons threatening to shoot down a French aircraft over East London.
Canon EOS1300D Canon 75-300 Mk2 Canon 100-400 IS L Series, Mk1
http://www.flickr.com/jimpritchard67
User avatar
Scudpilot
 
Location: Berks, Hants, Surrey borders.

Re: Voyager over Norwich

Postby slogen51 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:57 pm

I think the target was CTM 1730 Xingu 064 - it was the only plane at the right altitude and place.

It was interesting listening to Tartan 31 saying to the typhoon that they will be here for you after the typhoon turned back north from France
slogen51
 
Location: Surrey and Norfolk

Re: Voyager over Norwich

Postby jaybee » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:15 pm

Many thanks Scudpilot & Slogen51...For all the helpful info., snippets ... :thumb:
What you see through a camera, cant be distorted with thought or word...
User avatar
jaybee
 

Re: Voyager over Norwich

Postby paddyboy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:29 pm

Hi John :P

Belting catch, buddy :thumbs:

Well done you :thumb:

Best regards from north of the Wensum ;)

Paddyboy :clap:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife


Image
GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER
User avatar
paddyboy
 
Location: Sprowston, Norwich

Re: Voyager over Norwich

Postby iainpeden » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:23 pm

Scudpilot wrote:
jaybee wrote:Many thanks for that Slogen51,was this a civvy thing, or part of an exercise. Cheers ...JB... :thumb:


I understand it was an exercise.
There is a a video of a radio message elsewhere with the pilots of Typhoons threatening to shoot down a French aircraft over East London.

I had not realised the Brexit negotiations had got that bad.
iainpeden
 

Re: Voyager over Norwich

Postby jaybee » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:06 pm

Thanks Paddy & Iain...One from Sunday, to save making a post. :thumb: I don't know if you like these or not Paddy,
but catching them at the Heath, in half decent light, is a rarity these days...JB :thumb:

ImageRaptor F22a/Lakenheath by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr
What you see through a camera, cant be distorted with thought or word...
User avatar
jaybee
 

Re: Voyager over Norwich

Postby Will24 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:27 pm

Nice catch mate :thumbs:

All the best,
Will
I'm a rookie, be nice I'm learning... :D


https://www.flickr.com/gp/152661035@N04/6GY0Pz
User avatar
Will24
 
Location: Norwich, Norfolk

Re: Voyager over Norwich

Postby jaybee » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:31 am

Cheers Will24...Some good stuff ,on your link...JB... :thumb:
What you see through a camera, cant be distorted with thought or word...
User avatar
jaybee
 

Re: Voyager over Norwich

Postby paddyboy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:43 pm

Hi John :P

'Course I like the Raptor :thumbs:

It's that super-mega-fugly flying brick I can't get used to :lol:

Thanks for posting ;)

Paddyboy :clap:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife


Image
GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER
User avatar
paddyboy
 
Location: Sprowston, Norwich

Re: Voyager over Norwich

Postby Vulture 01 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:26 pm

I didn't realise the Voyagers had their serials under the wings. Been a long time since RAF aircraft did that.
A good shot under difficult conditions!
Vulture 01
 

Re: Voyager over Norwich

Postby Supra » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:29 pm

Me neither!... but I guess it makes sense for receivers with a choice of two Voyagers in close proximity to go up to the correct one?
An interesting shot in many ways. It seems to have an under-fuselage centreline marking....but no sodding boom to line-up on! :grr:
Supra
 

Re: Voyager over Norwich

Postby Richard E » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:58 pm

Supra wrote:Me neither!... but I guess it makes sense for receivers with a choice of two Voyagers in close proximity to go up to the correct one?
An interesting shot in many ways. It seems to have an under-fuselage centreline marking....but no sodding boom to line-up on! :grr:


I can't make out the registration in the picture but the Voyager KC.3 aircraft have a centreline drogue unit which would probably require under-fuselage markings.
Richard E
 

Re: Voyager over Norwich

Postby Will24 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:37 pm

jaybee wrote:Cheers Will24...Some good stuff ,on your link...JB... :thumb:


Cheers for looking Jay, should of gave me a follow so I could check yours out :thumbs:

Cheers,
Will
I'm a rookie, be nice I'm learning... :D


https://www.flickr.com/gp/152661035@N04/6GY0Pz
User avatar
Will24
 
Location: Norwich, Norfolk

Re: Voyager over Norwich

Postby jaybee » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:11 pm

Hi...Vulture01,Supra,Richard E & Will24 ...The reg., of the KC3 is ZZ336,its also on the flickr link.
The aircraft was spotted about a mile in distance from me, and must have been about 5k altitude.

I didn't have my camera in hand, but raced back to the car and got what I could ,in the situation.
Thanks for the interest in it, not something you see everyday. I have followed your link Will24...cheers, one and all... :thumb: P/s can't get anymore detail on the number...

Parting shot for Paddy...

ImageF15s/F22s/Lakenheath by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr
What you see through a camera, cant be distorted with thought or word...
User avatar
jaybee
 

Re: Voyager over Norwich

Postby Richard E » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:20 pm

jaybee wrote:Hi...Vulture01,Supra,Richard E & Will24 ...The reg., of the KC3 is ZZ336,its also on the flickr link.
The aircraft was spotted about a mile in distance from me, and must have been about 5k altitude.

I didn't have my camera in hand, but raced back to the car and got what I could ,in the situation.
Thanks for the interest in it, not something you see everyday. I have followed your link Will24...cheers, one and all... :thumb: P/s can't get anymore detail on the number...


ZZ336 is the RAF's VIP configured Voyager which normally acts as the standby QRA tanker at Brize Norton so it makes sense for it to be involved in a QRA exercise; whilst it's not a contemporary image I've found a picture of one of the Voyager KC.2 models, ZZ330, which is not fitted with a centreline drogue and it doesn't appear to have an under-fuselage stripe.
Richard E
 


Return to Current Military Photography

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hernaman86, jdupons, Pen Pusher, Seamus and 23 guests