Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Lanveoc

POL

Lanveoc

Post by POL » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:30 pm

Has anyone visited here recently, what's activity like? I'd imagine Fridays are quieter than the rest of the week?

Thanks!

Supra

Re: Lanveoc

Post by Supra » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:48 pm

Wouldn't mind knowing any information on this too. I've been looking at 'Plan B' options around Tiger Meet 2017 & thought I'd found a mysterious Breguet br.765 Sahara just inside the fence at Nantes Airport on Google Earth.
(Saint-Aignan-Grandlieu 44860, France. 47.149345 -1.607042) Sadly, as you descend into street-view it 'vapourises' The Atlantique base at Lann Bihoue (Lorient) looks poor for unauthorised viewing too!

rh226

Post by rh226 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:12 pm

Your Sahara is actually an L-1049G Super Constellation (as F-BGNJ in Air France colours)......sorry, civil - I remember seeing this in service (sad git!!)...see also http://www.conniesurvivors.com/F-BRAD.htm
Cheers, Bob

Supra

Post by Supra » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:27 am

Thanks for the info'. Looks like I'll have to wait to see the Sahara at Evereax then. :D

Andy L

Post by Andy L » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:25 pm

I went to the Laveoc open day a couple of years ago and while I can't really say how busy it is, it's very difficult to see into as it's
surrounded by bushes. The only open bits are at each end of the runway but you can't see the helicopter ramps because they are
on the other side of the hill. The only ramp easily visible has the CAP10s & SR20s on it & that's on the north side next to the road.
The CAPs do appear on FR24 with CORSAIRx callsigns. All in all it's a long way to go for little reward unless you're very lucky.
The preserved Super Frelon is easily visible.

Nantes. There is also a derelict Noratlas and a Mirage III by the old control tower.

The only other 2 places around here with military are:

Rennes. Army TBM700s are based here. The 2 Mirages and the Venoms are now tucked away in a hangar.

Dinard. Sabenatech do maintenance on CASA235s, Pumas and Falcons. There are usually a couple of CASAs parked outside
but once again you have to be really lucky to get a Puma, let alone seeing one move.

If you want any more info drop me a line

Andy

Return to “France”