Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Fort Lauderdale

Post your Rest of the World Airshow news, updates and rumours in here
razor23uk

Fort Lauderdale

Post by razor23uk » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:44 am

Hi guys. The wife and myself are hoping to visit Florida next year around the same time as the Fort Lauderdale air show. This looks like a sea front type of show over 2 days. Has anyone ever been to this show before ? It must be worth a visit as its on our middle weekend and just down the road from us.
TIA
Jeff.
Scanning daily. 3500xlt with antenna 90ft up a silo.

CHESTER_DRAWERS

Re: Fort Lauderdale

Post by CHESTER_DRAWERS » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:32 pm

Hi Jeff

Im in absence of a reply ...there is a couple of videos on you tube which may help you make up your mind?

Hope this helps ?

Juddy

Wigzy

Post by Wigzy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:51 am

Used to be a top-drawer show with heavy USAF, USN and USCG participation plus a USMC MAG demo involving Harriers and Cobras covering a beach landing. DoD budget cuts, two rain washouts in a row and several big sponsors pulling out put paid to all that and in recent years it's just been GEICO Skytypers and small plastic biplanes noisily belching smoke for hours on end (it seemed) plus either the T-Birds or the Angels. A 'Gladiators' Super Hornet, a USCG HC-144 and Homestead's 'Makos' flying over at 6,000' or so were the only additional military this year. If your staying at an oceanfront hotel the margaritas remain interesting but beach chairs are at Marham prices. If you're not, access is by shuttle bus from the local Mall - too hot to walk...... Disclaimer - this year could always be different....... contact me if you're in town for it. You and the missus can watch it from my balcony and the margaritas are free. Wigzy - FL resident.

MRTT

Post by MRTT » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:51 am

Blue Angels confirmed for next year.

razor23uk

Post by razor23uk » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:57 am

Thanks for the replys everyone, much appreciated.
Wigzy...we are planning 2 weeks hols in Florida , the middle weekend being that of the airshow. we are doing a week in the area, then a week fishing in key west, so if it comes off, i will be in touch...
Scanning daily. 3500xlt with antenna 90ft up a silo.

Return to “Rest of the World Airshows”