Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Abbotsford BC Airshow August 2018

Post your Rest of the World Airshow news, updates and rumours in here
downes0106

Abbotsford BC Airshow August 2018

Post by downes0106 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:37 pm

Hi everyone. I arrive in Vancouver on the Saturday of this years show, and with the Blue Angles, Snowbirds, Canadian F18 and USAF A10 already confirmed I am going to attend on the Sunday. Just wondering of anyone can provide any info re best times to arrive, traffic, availability of food etc. Thanks in advance.

nugget20

Re: Abbotsford BC Airshow August 2018

Post by nugget20 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:23 pm

I've been to the Abbotsford show a few times. It's very popular, many people attend from the US as the airfield is only just north of the border. So I'd try to get in as early as possible - I think the gates normally open at 9am. There will be a queue waiting for the gates to open.
Plenty of food and drink outlets, including local 'delicacies' such as poutine and funnel cakes. Last time I paid for a 'Photo Pit' pass. It was quite expensive but it gets you in early (7am, I think), gives you a tour of the flightline before the flying display and a separate enclosure on the display line with free soft drinks and snacks. Like most North American shows virtually nothing in the static display is roped off so getting in early will give you the best chance of crowd-free static shots.
It's a great show and you'll also get to see (from a distance) the various stored aircraft and Conair fire-bombers. The only drawback is that the crowd-line is north of the runway so you'll be shooting into the sun.

downes0106

Re: Abbotsford BC Airshow August 2018

Post by downes0106 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:16 pm

Thanks for your comments - most helpful.

Return to “Rest of the World Airshows”