Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

LUKE AFB OPEN DAYS CHANGE

Post your Rest of the World Airshow news, updates and rumours in here
EGGX TED

LUKE AFB OPEN DAYS CHANGE

Post by EGGX TED » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:49 pm

The LUKE OPEN DAY is now 17th and 18th March 2018 with the BLUE ANGELS now headlining instead of the TBIRDS

bob909

Re: LUKE AFB OPEN DAYS CHANGE

Post by bob909 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:16 pm

Just a question about permitted camera equipment. I note on the show website FAQ (http://www.luke.af.mil/2018-Luke-Days/) that large camera bags are not permitted and that extra attachments should be carried in a small fanny bag.
Does anyone know if this is actually adhered to? Doesn't sound realistic to not allow standard rucksack size camera bags for an airshow.

IanOlder

Post by IanOlder » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:33 am

bob909 wrote:Just a question about permitted camera equipment. I note on the show website FAQ (http://www.luke.af.mil/2018-Luke-Days/) that large camera bags are not permitted and that extra attachments should be carried in a small fanny bag.
Does anyone know if this is actually adhered to? Doesn't sound realistic to not allow standard rucksack size camera bags for an airshow.
It was two years ago, had to carry camera & accessories (spare batts etc) loose in a small bag. It was all checked at security tent prior to entry. Didn't risk taking the normal camera bag.
Had to carry water etc. in the same small bag too.

ythanpythan

Post by ythanpythan » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:10 pm

I've not done a show at Luke but been to plenty other US shows and so far I've not had a problem with a large camera bag, just don't stuff it with loads of crap so it is easy to see that it's camera gear. Although as with all rules at US shows they can be applied with a bit of variety and could be dependant on what mood the individual is in, remember politeness goes a long way over there! It wouldn't do you any harm to have a backup plan though.

Nick.M

Post by Nick.M » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:06 pm

IanOlder wrote:
bob909 wrote:Just a question about permitted camera equipment. I note on the show website FAQ (http://www.luke.af.mil/2018-Luke-Days/) that large camera bags are not permitted and that extra attachments should be carried in a small fanny bag.
It was two years ago, had to carry camera & accessories (spare batts etc) loose in a small bag. It was all checked at security tent prior to entry. Didn't risk taking the normal camera bag.
Had to carry water etc. in the same small bag too.

I went to the Nellis show in November, their website said exactly the same, 'no large camera bags'.
I went in with my standard sized camera rucksack and had no problem at all.

Return to “Rest of the World Airshows”