Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Oceana 2015

Post your Rest of the World Airshow news, updates and rumours in here
powerslave

Oceana 2015

Post by powerslave » Tue May 05, 2015 1:36 pm

Hello,was thinking of going here this year and staying round the area for a week or so.
Not really a big fan of american airshows (been to Miramar) etc,seem to be mostly big monster jet trucks and stuff.
But i love Hornets so probably be going.
Question is i will be hanging round the area after the show into the following week,i have heard there is not usually any flying the Monday after the show,but wondered if anyone knew if it's ops normal from Tuesday onwards?
And if anyone as been to the show before would love to hear from you.

Thanks
Ian

croaky

Re: Oceana 2015

Post by croaky » Tue May 05, 2015 3:37 pm

The show last year was fairly low key although there were aprox 10 f18's on static not much else static .It's good for the experience though.Will be going to Point Magu and Mirarmar shows myself.

CookyBoy

Post by CookyBoy » Wed May 06, 2015 5:10 pm

powerslave wrote:Hello,was thinking of going here this year and staying round the area for a week or so.
Not really a big fan of american airshows (been to Miramar) etc,seem to be mostly big monster jet trucks and stuff.
But i love Hornets so probably be going.
Question is i will be hanging round the area after the show into the following week,i have heard there is not usually any flying the Monday after the show,but wondered if anyone knew if it's ops normal from Tuesday onwards?
And if anyone as been to the show before would love to hear from you.

Thanks
Ian
Hi Mate,
I have been 4 times, Last was the rained out show in 2011!! 2010 was awesome show. worth seeing the evening show, fireworks and Hornet burners!!
Monday in 2011 was very busy, we must of seen 30 different airframes in a few hours, but that could of been due to the ,,ap!! weather.
Langley not too far away too, but unsure of photo ops now as last time in 2010 there was a lot of building work going on nr gate 2, which is where you need to be? unsure of anywhere else nr the base.
Richmond has a blackbird outside which is nice to see.

cheers Steve

powerslave

Post by powerslave » Wed May 06, 2015 8:27 pm

Thanks Steve,actually have been before to Oceana but not the airshow,not really that fussed bout the show would much rather hang about the approach during a normal ops day.
Might not be going now,Virginia Beach is a bit of a hole and the girlfriends not to keen,probably go over to the west side.

Ian

nimrod 68

Post by nimrod 68 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:53 pm

oceana is a no no in my book not good locally either go west

Return to “Rest of the World Airshows”