Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

LUKE AFB OPEN DAYS

Post your Rest of the World Airshow news, updates and rumours in here

LUKE AFB OPEN DAYS

Postby EGGX TED » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:22 pm

Looking for a bit of information re the above. Have heard that the parking and then bussing to the show is HORRENDOUS.
Was thinking about arriving on the Sunday, in the vicinity of LUKE about 9am, staying until 2pm, then returning to PHX for a 8.20 flight back to the U.K. Does this plan sound feasible or would I be cutting it too fine because of the reliance of leaving the show early and hoping for not too busy traffic. Ideas and personal experiences very much appreciated.
PS.....We are travelling from YUMA on Sunday morning!!!
EGGX TED

Re: LUKE AFB OPEN DAYS

Postby Thunder » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:31 pm

It's only 30-40 mins from Luke to the Sky Harbour, so plenty of time.
http://www.splashonemodelling.com/
Thunder

Postby EGGX TED » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:17 pm

Thanks for the info. Have been to the area before but was wondering how bad it was during the OPEN DAYS display.
EGGX TED

Postby sandozer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:44 pm

I was there 12 years ago, for the Open Days. Maybe all changed now, but they had a parking area left of the main gate, once it filled then the bus came into play. I am going this year and nearly blew a fuse when the dates were changed, luckily i`m there for two weeks so no real problem.
Get there as early as possible, Parking area "A" is where you want to be, and you should be in a better position for leaving as well. Leaving at 2pm means most people will still be there so a doddle to get out.
sandozer

Postby andrewn » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:58 pm

I am also planning to be at Luke on the Sunday, as well as Yuma on the Saturday, all being well.

Never been to either before so looking forwards to both :)
andrewn

Postby sandozer » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:06 pm

Is there something on at Yuma on the Saturday? That would be really cool if there is :)
sandozer

Postby slogen51 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:09 am

Thread creeping but Yuma has an airshow on 17 march 2018.

Not sure how much will be on show and will probably reduce activity for the surrounding days?
slogen51

Postby sandozer » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:29 am

Good heads up here on Luke and Yuma, thanks folks. Just checked Yuma Marine air show, looks worth a visit too.. " http://www.yumaairshow.com/# "
sandozer

Return to Rest of the World Airshows