Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

nellis open house

Post your Rest of the World Airshow news, updates and rumours in here
martmpf

Re: nellis open house

Post by martmpf » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:52 pm

Thanks, I thought as much, but wondered if you have to be a "member" or similar. I will continue to look out :thumb:

martmpf

Post by martmpf » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:51 pm

Now live on link.

Peted

Post by Peted » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:56 pm

I had the great fortune to be at a conference in Vegas last weekend & managed to get a day to myself so went to Aviation Nation 2017 at Nellis on Sunday 12 Nov.
Took an Uber from conference hotel Aria £18 single ride to speedway as a pedestrian & took the park & ride shuttle buses onto base. Arrived for gates opening and had great access to the static.
Free entry / free programme / free grandstand & enthusiastic flying - have never seen a Spitfire flown so fast & low.
Full day flying - role demo with pyrotechnics & flares with A10 covering fire was my highlight close to the action.
Good static with easy access - U2 cockpit sitting - B1 cockpit view - underwing walking & multiple transporter walk throughs & E3.
Welcome & open hosts - folks willing to chat.
Strict security but well organised- I was through without much delay.
Return to the strip was via £18 Uber which picked me up near the speedway. About 30mins ride...Vegas is visible from Nelllis.
Fantastic surprise opportunity & well worth it - opened my eyes to foreign shows :)
Hope this helps
PeteD, York

raptor76

Post by raptor76 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:00 pm

I know it is a bit early but When do they start announcing aircraft for the up and coming show?

Return to “Rest of the World Airshows”