Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

6th Oct BA701 Salon-de-Provence

Post all your European Airshow news, updates and rumours in here
SpilsbyPete

6th Oct BA701 Salon-de-Provence

Post by SpilsbyPete » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:33 pm

I saw this on Scramble

50 ans de l’Équipe de Voltige de l’AdA
public day?

Anybody been before and is it worth it

TIA

SpilsbyPete

Re: 6th Oct BA701 Salon-de-Provence

Post by SpilsbyPete » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:31 pm

Well.
230+ views and no comments.
Nobody has any advise/thoughts/suggestions.
So I will give it a miss and cancel my flights and car hire

Pete

slogen51

Post by slogen51 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:17 pm

I haven't been to Salon since the Tucanos left , 10 years ago.

I assume the gliders are still there and lots of 'F-' Grobs which aren't everybody's cup of tea?

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:08 am

Haven't been for donkeys years, but I have been to one show there in the early noughties.

You can get to the fence in the south eastern corner, which is opposite the main ramp. When we first went it was full of Tucanos and a few Magisters, so that tells you how long ago that was. From Google earth that still looks to be the main based aircraft ramp.

However, the airshow we went to was held on the ramps and taxiways at the north end of the base, infront of the impressive college buildings. As such it was poor for photography (you're looking south) and there were virtually no based aircraft visible. We saw one Tucano land late PM on the Friday, and it was promptly hangared. Yes there was one of each fighter/trainer types in static, the normal French airshow type arrangement, but nothing bigger than a Transall which was doing joy rides. Entry was via the gates at the north end, and you walked through all the parade ground areas to get to the static on the airfield. This means you can get close to all the preserved stuff up poles.

Famous last words, but personally I don't think it's worth it. IIRC we bugged out mid afternoon and went to the Montelimar museum. If you're flying into Marseilles, Nimes or Nice then there are quite a few other military bases in the area that are worth a looksee - Nimes, Cuers, Istres, Hyeres, plus Security Civile and factories at Marseilles.

SpilsbyPete

Post by SpilsbyPete » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:47 pm

Thanks Guys for you input/advise

Pete

Return to “European Airshows”