Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Tiger meet 2018 Poland + Poznan Airshow

Post all your European Airshow news, updates and rumours in here
Nighthawke

Re: Tiger meet 2018 Poland + Poznan Airshow

Post by Nighthawke » Thu May 10, 2018 8:36 pm

Presume dynamic used in this context to mean changing rather than energetic :P

Freeman Lowell

Post by Freeman Lowell » Thu May 10, 2018 10:16 pm

Flying rather than static...
Freeman
Sometimes I talk to myself, then we both laugh and laugh.

adam1314

Post by adam1314 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:12 am

Not sure if you guys read the comments on poznan air show facebook page. If you are traveling by car, there might be some issues regarding parking. Unless you paid for the vip ticket, you can't use the onsite parking and there is no option to upgrade your tiger meet and airshow spotter ticket to vip or buy a separate parking ticket. Be prepared to go there early and find alternative parking nearby. The organiser is the worst I've ever seen in my life. BTW, I am going with Ian Allan and I think the tour leader will sort out this.

details on are the link below
https://www.facebook.com/PoznanAirShow/ ... 9939264099

POL

Post by POL » Fri May 11, 2018 10:42 am

What fun this is turning out to be....

Seems there are three options for parking!
  1. With a VIP ticket (~£16.50) you can park at the airfield, one only person in the vehicle needs this ticket, the rest can have the combined NTM/airshow ticket
  2. For some Zlotys, you can park at the racing circuit in the south western corner of the airfield (this might be a good idea for the flying display if that's what you're interested in!)
  3. For free you can park at the shopping centre "Auchan Swadzim" and there are free shuttle busses to the airfield
Of course, the combined Tiger Meet and airshow ticket has a "Friday, with prior registration" option which I believe means you need to ask at the M1 parking on the Friday morning in order to get access to the airshow later on the same day?!

:S

johnb

Post by johnb » Fri May 11, 2018 11:43 am

Still waiting for my ticket What a shambles this is turning into !

PeteHemsley

Post by PeteHemsley » Sat May 12, 2018 8:05 am

EGVP wrote:What fun this is turning out to be....

Seems there are three options for parking!
  1. With a VIP ticket (~£16.50) you can park at the airfield, one only person in the vehicle needs this ticket, the rest can have the combined NTM/airshow ticket
  2. For some Zlotys, you can park at the racing circuit in the south western corner of the airfield (this might be a good idea for the flying display if that's what you're interested in!)
  3. For free you can park at the shopping centre "Auchan Swadzim" and there are free shuttle busses to the airfield
Of course, the combined Tiger Meet and airshow ticket has a "Friday, with prior registration" option which I believe means you need to ask at the M1 parking on the Friday morning in order to get access to the airshow later on the same day?!

:S
Isn't this just for the show days rather than tigermeet spotters day??

POL

Post by POL » Sat May 12, 2018 8:50 am

Yes Pete, just the show - affects those planning on doing both who've bought the combined ticket though!

Tiger Meet parking is at the M1.

POL

Post by POL » Sat May 12, 2018 12:56 pm

Email update for the show
there is less than a week left to the most extreme air event in Poland – Poznań Air Show! In relation to your purchase of tickets to the special spotter area at Poznań Ławica Airport, we are sending couple of organisational information. Please learn them and if something is not clear – please feel free to ask via e-mail.

SPOTTERS DAY (FRIDAY – arrivals)
1) Entrance to Poznań Ławica airport is possible in Friday within 14.30-18.30 – meeting point is in front of the main gate at 14.00. Entrance only under the control of guardian, moving only in restricted area
2) Please take your ID cards and spotter tickets
3) There are training flights and arrivals schedulded on Friday – starting on 14.00, depending on current operations at Poznań Ławica Airport. Details and schedule will be provided closer to the event.

DISPLAY DAYS (SAT-SUN)
1) Entrance to the event area according to opening hours of gates
2) Ticket will be replaced by a bracelet, which will allow you to enter the spotter zone
3) Access to spotter platform
4) Access to press office
5) Access to press materials
6) ID
7) Spotter pack.

People who will not enter the airfield on Friday, will get their spotter packs on display days.
I am now going to reply and ask:

Can we enter after 1430 on Friday - as it is not clear
Where is the "main gate" on Friday?
Where do we park on Saturday, can we park on the airfield

tim_raper

Post by tim_raper » Sat May 12, 2018 8:17 pm

EGVP wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 12:56 pm

I am now going to reply and ask:

Can we enter after 1430 on Friday - as it is not clear
Where is the "main gate" on Friday?
Where do we park on Saturday, can we park on the airfield
i've asked much the same, we're there on friday but wont get to the show on saturdasy until about 14:00.
hopefully we'll get answers

tim_raper

Post by tim_raper » Tue May 15, 2018 2:43 pm

1) Entrance to Poznań Air Show area, is only from LOTNICZA street.
2) To meet the expectations on Friday we decided to add one more slot to get to Air Show area ? (So you can choose to enter at 14:30pm or 16:00pm)
3) For people who bought Spotter Pack ticket there is no dedicated parking.
- during Air Show you can select from this option: PARKING INFO
- On Friday you have park car on your own – in public area.

The Poznań Air Show parking zone
Car park at the airport (entry from Łobżenicka Street) - a ticket for the car park along with the admission ticket for the event (at the price of PLN 80) can be purchased HERE. The number of tickets with car park entry is limited.

Tor Poznań (entry from Wyścigowa 3 Street, Przeźmierowo) - at the price of PLN 20. Along with the entry ticket, the visitors will need a ticket for the event purchased in the pre-sales or on the site along with a parking ticket.

Auchan Swadzim - free of charge. A special zone for Poznań Air Show guests will be designated at the area next to the Shopping Center. Look out for the familiar Poznań Air Show logo.

The VIP car park is located within the area of the Poznań Air Show. Entry from Łobżenicka street. In order to enter the car park visitors have to show the car park entry ticket received with the VIP invitation or the VIP ticket purchased in the pre-sale.

The visitors will also have access to the bicycle parking lot (price: PLN 5 / bike) at Lotnicza Street.

edit: there are some quite useful maps with the park and ride bus/tram routes here http://www.poznanairshow.pl/en/news/pub ... _for_free/

markranger

Post by markranger » Fri May 18, 2018 12:58 pm

Hearing Reports that its a Shambles? queuing for ages and Shooting into the Sun......

Feel Sorry for People who went to the above if True,Lot of time and Money spent :(
Nikon D850
Nikon D600
Nikon D500
Nikon 300 F2.8 VR1

pg1610

Post by pg1610 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:44 pm

Not really a shambles not ideal but it worked sort of
Phil

mikee115

Post by mikee115 » Fri May 18, 2018 3:17 pm

If this spotters day was not the best organised then so be it but remember they do not have to have a spotters day at all. We should be grateful they allow the access that they do.

david14

Post by david14 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:03 pm

I think it's a fair point re not having to have a Spotters Day, although there are some benefits to trying to have some control over thousands of people who want to see the aircraft.

Having announced the Spotters Day though and taken our money, some basic organisation, clear information about what is happening and adequate transport would all have been good.

It didn't ruin the day, but it was frustrating - although it was not helped by Wizz cancelling the Luton flight tonight!

PeteHemsley

Post by PeteHemsley » Mon May 21, 2018 8:31 pm

markranger wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 12:58 pm
Hearing Reports that its a Shambles? queuing for ages and Shooting into the Sun......

Feel Sorry for People who went to the above if True,Lot of time and Money spent :(
Maybe not a total shambles, but certainly the most frustrating tigermeet I've attended.

After spending the following day with based staff they were very sorry that it did not meet the expectations of many. This being one of the biggest NTM in as many years in terms of aircraft and personnel on site, the Polish simply didn't think it was safe enough to have people walking around aircraft and based in between the runway/taxiway.

A learning curve? Well I guess you could say that, but let's see what next year brings.

pg1610

Post by pg1610 » Mon May 21, 2018 8:55 pm

PeteHemsley wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 8:31 pm
markranger wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 12:58 pm

Maybe not a total shambles, but certainly the most frustrating tigermeet I've attended.

After spending the following day with based staff they were very sorry that it did not meet the expectations of many. This being one of the biggest NTM in as many years in terms of aircraft and personnel on site, the Polish simply didn't think it was safe enough to have people walking around aircraft and based in between the runway/taxiway.

A learning curve? Well I guess you could say that, but let's see what next year brings.
This is intresting as none of these concerns have been mentioned before, had they been aired people may have thought differently about the event. I had no issues with the day but now we are seeing reports of a/c departures into the evening it needs to be asked why the event was so short in nature. The fact the PoAF were not keen on having people on base is very worrying for future events of a similar nature, coupled with the fact the organisation of the event was out sourced to what seemed to be lowest bidder it is no supprise some people call it a shambles. All that said at least we all got to see some fast jet action close up and I at least am grateful for that
Phil

A380_sully

Post by A380_sully » Tue May 22, 2018 11:11 am

Having done Tiger Meet last year and this year, I have to say this years event was below par compared to Landivisiau. That said, it was a learning curve for the PoAf and I am sure it will be better organized the next time it comes around to a Polish station. Personally I wasn't too affected by the organizational issues incurred by many, arriving early & leaving as late as possible meant there was no queuing for coaches, but the morning registration was very frustrating, mainly due to the increasingly reputation losing 4Aviation tour group, who thought it okay to arrive at the last minute and break the queue right at the entrance to the kiosk, forming 2 lines and leaving hundreds who had queued for a coupe of hours at least less than happy.

The positioning on the North of the runway was also far from ideal, but thta changes from base to base, Meet to Meet and all we can do is respect their decision. The bonus was at least getting the 2 days at Poznan airshow, although again the Northerly location of the crowd line wasn't good.

How Mont De Marsan, France will fair next year will have to be seen. Having no experience of the base, all I can do is hope it is as good as our French adventure last year.

4Aviation

Post by 4Aviation » Wed May 23, 2018 8:39 am

A380_sully wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 11:11 am
but the morning registration was very frustrating, mainly due to the increasingly reputation losing 4Aviation tour group, who thought it okay to arrive at the last minute and break the queue right at the entrance to the kiosk, forming 2 lines and leaving hundreds who had queued for a coupe of hours at least less than happy.
Hi Kelvin,

We could respond to your public naming and shaming in 3 different ways;

1. By telling you in detail how stupid it would have been to deliberately put the reputation of 4Aviation up for grabs in a situation where hundreds of potential customers could see it;
2. By telling you in detail what really happened (that we were only 70 people and joined the queue of a least a hundred others that were already in the second line and were told by the Polish military that that was the line to be in);
3. By asking you to contact any of the 2000 individuals that have joined us how they perceive our reputation.

Which of the three is your preferred option?

Rgds,
Stefan
Sincerely,

Arnold, Jurgen & Stefan

Image @ Image @ Image

pg1610

Post by pg1610 » Wed May 23, 2018 8:47 am

On a different note did any one manage to id the two Sokol W3s that departed with the Puma or the 2 French Army Gazelles that flew AM
I think the two gazelles are GBM and GFB but pictures are very blury due to the distance so any help with these 4 helicopters apreciated
Phil

pg1610

Post by pg1610 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:42 pm

pg1610 wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 8:47 am
On a different note did any one manage to id the two Sokol W3s that departed with the Puma or the 2 French Army Gazelles that flew AM
I think the two gazelles are GBM and GFB but pictures are very blury due to the distance so any help with these 4 helicopters apreciated
Scramble report the Gazelles as GFB(4233) and GAV(3964) subject to confirmation

Return to “European Airshows”