Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Airshows of past.

Post information on other airshows and events here.
kevos1

Airshows of past.

Post by kevos1 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:05 pm

Hi all, with the airshow season almost upon us i thought that i would start a topic about memorable airshows, display teams, etc. I know i would like to hear some of your stories.
My first first memorable airshow was mildenhall 1994 pulling up at johns field on the friday to see the thunderbirds on the taxiway ready for there practise display, i was only ten at the time and experiencing the solos coming straight overhead in full reheat was great. From then was hooked!!

Hopefully hear some of your stories!!

Kev

Figure8

Re: Airshows of past.

Post by Figure8 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:23 pm

My first airshow experience remains with me to this day. It was at Fairwood airport Swansea and I was about 9yrs old. The day turned out very rainy and misty so it was mostly a disappointment. We were making our way back to the car and there was a gradual break in the clouds when a Hawker Hunter blasted over us very low and fast then disappeared as quickly as it arrived. From then on I was hooked.Full marks to the pilot for making the effort, I believe it was from Chivenor.
Regards

Art (The Lie in King)

one1938

Post by one1938 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:44 pm

My memory is a passing aircraft asking to be allowed to show at Usworth also the fact that on that day the rapid response Herc from the USAF refused to start

Unknown74

Post by Unknown74 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:27 pm

Were the Thunderbirds 1997 not 1994 unless they displayed and departed on the Saturday in 1994 as I was at both but Sunday only in 1994.

Return to “Other Airshows & Events”