Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Brief visit 06-07-12

Please post movements and activities to do with AAC Middle Wallop here
Malfatron Malkovic

Brief visit 06-07-12

Post by Malfatron Malkovic » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:16 pm

Made a coffee stop here (10:55 - 11:30) as part of a mini-road-trip to Fairford.
Locals read-off were : Lynx AH.7 XZ208, XZ214 and XZ196/T
Squirrel HT.2 ZJ245
Bell 212HP AH.1 ZJ969/K and AH.3 ZK067
In addition,on the dispersal were 3 Lynx AH.7, 2 Squirrel HT.2, 7 Apache AH.1 and 1 Gazelle AH.1. Due to poor light and rain - which subsequently accompanied us for the remainder of the day (Brize - Carterton - Fairford - Kempsford) - we were unable to ID any of these.
This:

Passed through the overhead at 11:00, presumably out of Farnborough, and,also presumably, what we could hear in the overhead at Boscombe 30 minutes before.
Is anybody able to help with the ID, please?

coningsbycrazy

Re: Brief visit 06-07-12

Post by coningsbycrazy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:01 am

Its and f-18 but as to which one i am not entirley sure. I know there was a swiss one at Waddington the other week nut i don't know if this went to RIAT or not and i am sure Farnborough have an f-18 down to display but i could be wrong

Malfatron Malkovic

Post by Malfatron Malkovic » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:52 pm

coningsbycrazy wrote:Its and f-18 but as to which one i am not entirley sure. I know there was a swiss one at Waddington the other week nut i don't know if this went to RIAT or not and i am sure Farnborough have an f-18 down to display but i could be wrong
Thank you for the reply, and trying to help.
Perhaps i should have made my question clearer, it was serial ID not type ID i was after. On the day in question, two were at Farnborough - i was curious whether this is the machine that later arrived at Fairford, or the other machine from Farnborough.

paddyboy

Post by paddyboy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:56 pm

Hi Mal :P

Nice pic anyway :thumb:

If it was the frame at Waddo, the display was awesome, 'specially on Satuday, when the 'square loop' was performed to purrfection :Wow:

Best regards

Paddyboy :clap:
XH558, always the first lady in my life
Just remember, please don't tell the wife

GRIM REAPERS SUPPORTER

Return to “AAC Middle Wallop”