Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

FSX 'Trial' notification

Duane Hewitt

FSX 'Trial' notification

Post by Duane Hewitt » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:42 pm

So after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 I've been getting a message after 30 minutes of use that my FSX trial has concluded. This occurs after I've entered the serial number from within the box and a message confirming the activation. I've uninstalled everything and reinstalled FSX. I tried it without any add ons or SP1 and 2 and it held up fine, though now once I've added my payware aircraft, photo scenery and treescapes along with SP1 & 2 it reverts back to the same old problem. Just annoying that it's a massively time consuming process to uninstall everything and reinstall it to find the problem continues, so was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and is there a fix to the issue that doesn't involve removing whatever part of the above mentioned add ons that may be forcing the issue.

POL

Re: FSX 'Trial' notification

Post by POL » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:42 pm

Sounds like you have two copies of FSX installed, perhaps in VirtualStore?

Duane Hewitt

Post by Duane Hewitt » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:53 pm

I'll take a look, but as far as I'm aware only one copy is installed. As I say, the issue first started when I went to Windows 10. I didn't install FSX at that point as it was already on the computer still. Then the messages started appearing.
Thanks for the suggestion though. I'll take a look into it to see if that's the case now, seeing as I've installed and uninstalled a couple of times since the issue arose.

Morti_UK

Post by Morti_UK » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:25 pm

Duane Hewitt wrote:So after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 I've been getting a message after 30 minutes of use that my FSX trial has concluded. This occurs after I've entered the serial number from within the box and a message confirming the activation. I've uninstalled everything and reinstalled FSX. I tried it without any add ons or SP1 and 2 and it held up fine, though now once I've added my payware aircraft, photo scenery and treescapes along with SP1 & 2 it reverts back to the same old problem. Just annoying that it's a massively time consuming process to uninstall everything and reinstall it to find the problem continues, so was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and is there a fix to the issue that doesn't involve removing whatever part of the above mentioned add ons that may be forcing the issue.

I had this issue .. i had to TURN OFF the compatibility setting. (used to run it on win8.1 under XP service pack3) .... this solved the issue

Return to “Flight Simulator”