Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

DCS World 2.5

Rotörhead

DCS World 2.5

Post by Rotörhead » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:38 pm

DCS World 2.5 Open Beta came out today, bit of a rocky start getting it set up to run as well as 1.5.8 did for me but it's mostly set up now with a few stutters here and there. The new graphics engine and Caucasus map are both insanely good, here are some screenshots from it, all straight from the sim with just cropping

ImageDCS World 2.5 by O.C.Photo, on Flickr

Some seriously big improvements here, worth a try if you want a change from FSX!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/olicphoto/

Aviation Photography Instagram: @olicphoto

garyscott
Location: DONT trust Atoms . . . . they make up everything . .

Re: DCS World 2.5

Post by garyscott » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:39 pm

Shall be 'upgrading' either tomorrow or day after. Just had a splurge and bought the F-5, Gazelle, F-15C, A-10 (both), M2000 "Baguette", and the NTTR. :cool:
Is it a smooth runner, now 2.5?

Rotörhead

Post by Rotörhead » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:13 am

Good stuff, I've got most of them except the F-15 and A-10s, its similar to the performance of the NTTR and Normandy maps so I've heard, things took a slight hit for me and there's now a stutter occasionally but all in all its fairly smooth, I'm sure once the release version comes out it'll run smoother still.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/olicphoto/

Aviation Photography Instagram: @olicphoto

tim_raper

Post by tim_raper » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:39 am

Olicat wrote:Good stuff, I've got most of them except the F-15 and A-10s, its similar to the performance of the NTTR and Normandy maps so I've heard, things took a slight hit for me and there's now a stutter occasionally but all in all its fairly smooth, I'm sure once the release version comes out it'll run smoother still.
I used to get a regular freeze/stutter, but after moving the installation to an SSD those days are gone

Sixshot

Post by Sixshot » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:40 am

Such a buggy release, not updating untill they fix all the FPS issues, and the memory leak. How are the campaigns running? i'd imagine quite a few missions would be broken.

Return to “Flight Simulator”