Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Too many smiles!!

A forum for us to keep you informed on the latest updates on the FC website and forums.
flyingslug_0

Too many smiles!!

Post by flyingslug_0 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:49 pm

Just wanted to bring to your attention of 5 "smiles" is a bit limiting, if you want to "quote" a comment that has "smiles" you have to take into account their "smiles"...... Personally I find this a bit frustrating as I find the smiles a great enhancer to a post. Can we loose the limited smiles, or at least not count the original amount of smiles when we quote a post?

Regards

Craig

Dunk

Re: Too many smiles!!

Post by Dunk » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:55 pm

Thanks for the feedback, will discuss and let you know.

Dunk

dervish

Post by dervish » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:23 am

Limiting? 5 smilies is too many for a single post, with quotes or not.
Why do people want to put strings of smilies in their posts. Why quote others?
The spirit of self-help is the root of all genuine growth in the individual......
Help from without is often enfeebling in its effects, but help from within invariably invigorates

POL

Post by POL » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:25 am

Ever tried to express emotion through the written word? Can you tell, just from the post, what sort of emotion I'm trying to get across?

RichC

Post by RichC » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:25 pm

In my opinion one emoticon is enough. You don't need to put 5 or more emoticons at the end. It looks daft and is over the top.
If you're quoting someone then delete the emoticons out, it only takes 2 seconds.

Dunk

Post by Dunk » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:51 pm

Increased to 10, which is more than enough for one quote.

TBH its a vicious circle and a no win situation really. If we increase it to 20 or 40 and someone quotes that post, than that leaves them with no smilies to post, as they are all used. And so it goes on and on...

So 10 will have to suffice. If you quote someone that has used 10, or there are 10 in multiple quotes then delete them.

HTH

Dunk

Return to “Fighter Control and Forum Technical Information”