Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

RIAT 2011 - Survey

A forum for us to keep you informed on the latest updates on the FC website and forums.
AeroResource

RIAT 2011 - Survey

Post by AeroResource » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:26 am

A couple of weeks ago AeroResource were approached on behalf of Rob Windsor, head of aircraft operations at RIAT. Rob is interested in getting direct feedback from the aviation enthusiasts, and so we are looking to gather some information from the Fighter Control community.

We have put together a short survey to collect the information, please click the above button to complete the survey.

wokka

Re: RIAT 2011 - Survey

Post by wokka » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:52 am

very short! rest assured the comments box was well populated!
Intolerant, cynical, sarcastic, old b******

https://www.flickr.com/photos/varcs/

Goldstar31

Post by Goldstar31 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:37 pm

As long as those that have slated the participating aircraft understand what the current world situation is, for example, aircraft for the Tiger Meet are on operations over Libya and getting a replacement for that to take over operations isn't as easy as people think. I was part of the small team responsible for the Helicopters and hope that a massive deviation from the parking plan made them more presentable and photographic

Cheers

Eccie
3 miles south of MAM-GITUS-MAM
20 miles south of MAM-DIKAS-MAM
1 mile north of UL9/14/18

eagle driver

Post by eagle driver » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:38 pm

All we can ask is that riat actually show us the aviation enthusiast the respect that we deserve and listen to these comments ,then we will keep coming back .

chidders

Post by chidders » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:18 pm

I have replied to the survey and have stated whilst everyone appreciates the world economic situation RIAT has to offer value for money for people to continue buying tickets for both family and the enthusiast.

I really hope that RIAT takes it serious and survives!! :thumbs:

chidders (senior)

RJ79

RIAT 2011 - Survey

Post by RJ79 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:54 pm

I've filled my survey in, main points were the tiger aircraft being tucked away at the top end of the field, thin static (though not much can be done about this) and the waste of space that was Alexandra Burke. I've got a feeling next years will be a good'un though (and if there is music then hopefully it will be better and at the end of the day!)
Cheers,

Rob

Nikon D60
Nikon 18-55mm lens
Tamron 70-300mm lens
Uniden Bearcat 3500xlt Scanner

jingernut

Post by jingernut » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:33 pm

RJ79 wrote:I've filled my survey in, main points were the tiger aircraft being tucked away at the top end of the field, thin static (though not much can be done about this) and the waste of space that was Alexandra Burke. I've got a feeling next years will be a good'un though (and if there is music then hopefully it will be better and at the end of the day!)
The Tiger aircraft were "tucked away" at the top end to give much better photographic opportunities.

HunterF6

Post by HunterF6 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:36 pm

RJ79 wrote:I've filled my survey in, main points were the tiger aircraft being tucked away at the top end of the field, thin static (though not much can be done about this) and the waste of space that was Alexandra Burke. I've got a feeling next years will be a good'un though (and if there is music then hopefully it will be better and at the end of the day!)
Whilst tigers were tucked away somewhat, at least it gave them a clear background, no fairground rides, burger vans, cones, people etc, probably only place where that was possible so top marks
https://groups.io/g/Milscanners onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

home for the UK military airband enthusiast complete with free database

urkles

Post by urkles » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:45 pm

Goldstar31 wrote:As long as those that have slated the participating aircraft understand what the current world situation is, for example, aircraft for the Tiger Meet are on operations over Libya and getting a replacement for that to take over operations isn't as easy as people think. I was part of the small team responsible for the Helicopters and hope that a massive deviation from the parking plan made them more presentable and photographic

Cheers

Eccie
And thank you for this, I have made comments about the improvement in the static photography, unfortunatly all your hard work can be undone with such obtrusive backgrounds, which I understand you will not have control over, but thanks for thinking of us :thumb:

RJ79

Post by RJ79 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:37 pm

HunterF6 wrote:
Whilst tigers were tucked away somewhat, at least it gave them a clear background, no fairground rides, burger vans, cones, people etc, probably only place where that was possible so top marks
Granted, but I think if they had been on the same run as the IL-76 and SU-27 then that may have offered clutter free photography from two and a half sides (IIRC) when put in the right place. Looking at it from a different angle, it also probably has something to do with the few numbers of tiger craft on show too so I stand semi corrected on my point!
Cheers,

Rob

Nikon D60
Nikon 18-55mm lens
Tamron 70-300mm lens
Uniden Bearcat 3500xlt Scanner

MacksAviation

Post by MacksAviation » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:39 pm

Tigers where in the best possible position on the whole showground anywhere else you would have had clutter

MikeB
Administrator

Post by MikeB » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:52 pm

Got plenty of submissions guys, keep them coming... - This is your chance to get your voice heard...

stingrays4

Post by stingrays4 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:08 pm

Hi yes a nice short survey :D just hope the comment box has been used wisely!?

sjnovis

Post by sjnovis » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:56 am

I have filled in the survey and added my thoughts, identifying what I thought was good, and not so good.

Dunk

Post by Dunk » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:27 am

MikeB wrote:Got plenty of submissions guys, keep them coming... - This is your chance to get your voice heard...
About time they actually listened to people, seems lack of ticket sales this year has finally made them look outside the walls of the DBH Fortress!!

Next year they will struggle even more, having given away free tickets in June, and up against Waddington Yeovilton, Duxford, Farnborough and the Olympics next summer.

Heres another thought I forgot to add, stop giving out 2 - 6 tickets to each volunteer for free, they don't need them, and a hell of a lot end up on Ebay or being sold on for profit.

The end is nigh....

beefsteak

Post by beefsteak » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:41 pm

I filled it in and added a bit on my annoyance at the 'buy one get one free for next year' offer that they made a couple of weeks back , a disgraceful kick in the teeth for those of us who had already paid up months in advance !
Jim Bowen, on "Bullseye" :- In which state of the U.S.A. is Dallas, Texas ??

MikeB
Administrator

Post by MikeB » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:07 am

We're almost at 100 submissions, even if you don't have any other comments, your ratings would be appriciated..

MikeB
Administrator

Post by MikeB » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:37 am

Guys,

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback via the Survey, just thought I'd let you know that a document was produced by Alasdair containing the feedback gathered on both the forums and survey, and it was passed directly onto Rob Windsor at RIAT this week. It is now being read by the guys at DBH and hopefully those of you who made suggestions may find those being put in place in the future.

Cheers,
Mike

Dunk

Post by Dunk » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:31 pm

Would be nice if DBH responded at some point, once they have read and discussed the ideas and complaints?

Obviously they cant answer all the questions raised, but it would be nice to know which they think could be implemented, and those that will be implemented?

Hunter49

Post by Hunter49 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:24 pm

riat 2011, good job the weather was ok and a10 showed up otherwise very plain ROB

Return to “Fighter Control and Forum Technical Information”