Did you know that registration to Fighter Control is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Help, anyone? please!!!!

A forum for us to keep you informed on the latest updates on the FC website and forums.
The Phantom

Help, anyone? please!!!!

Post by The Phantom » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:38 pm

I am having real trouble getting the avatar to work. I have reduced the image size right down to 50 by 50 and it still keeps saying that the limit is 24KiB.

Does anyone know what this KiB is? When I altered the pixel size the file came up as 15K. Is this the same or different to KiB?

If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate as I'm not too good on computers and have been trying now for nearly 2 hours !

Thanks. Mark.

MikeB
Administrator

Re: Help, anyone? please!!!!

Post by MikeB » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:44 pm

The Phantom wrote:I am having real trouble getting the avatar to work. I have reduced the image size right down to 50 by 50 and it still keeps saying that the limit is 24KiB.

Does anyone know what this KiB is? When I altered the pixel size the file came up as 15K. Is this the same or different to KiB?

If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate as I'm not too good on computers and have been trying now for nearly 2 hours !

Thanks. Mark.
Right click on your image whilst it's on your PC, it will say "Size on Disk" what is that size? - That's the size reading of the image in Kilobytes (KiB/KB).

Mike

The Phantom

Re: Help, anyone? please!!!!

Post by The Phantom » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:28 pm

Thanks Mike.

It came up as 24.8 KB (over the limit). I redid the picture and now it is fine - about 2.1 KB. I trimmed the first image so maybe that's what caused the high KB number.

Thanks anyway. Very happy to have finally got there :thumbs:

Mark.

Return to “Fighter Control and Forum Technical Information”